• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AIM - Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
The messaging service I just explained how to turn off....!
MSN messenger well ye thats a different thing, seems to confuse a lot of people I must say, thats Microsoft for you in a nutshell though - confusing!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
jdjonny said:
Do you mean the netsend.bat commands? The ones that spammers use? If so, the message box subject is "messenger", which often leads to confusion making people think msn messenger is guilty.
Oh, I see what the fuss is about.

That doesn't affect me as I'm behind a firewall/server.

Also, to clarify, there is no netsend.bat as standard in Windows (AFAIK). If you have a netsend.bat file that you use you should check out what is in the batch file. Batch files can be dangerous!. Never run, or download any batch file unless you're sure it's safe.

You probably mean the 'net send' command though.

Tom B

Established Member
A bit late but if you have a suspect .bat file right click and choose "Edit", this will bring it up with notepad. Examine the script to see what it does.

Derek Kaye

Richard, in order to use MSN, you need to tell your parents (or hack into their account) and change the parental control settings. the web content one should be set to 'allow all content'. you can then use MSN, and other web browsers etc. (aftter you download them)

The Snap

Established Member
I don't need to! There is no parental controls on, it's just our PC is in a strange part of the house, so the screen can be seen, and read, without the person using it knowing! So, my Mum or Dad, could see what I was doing, and I'd get banned off the PC! ;)

Coxster

Established Member
RichardH said:
So, my Mum or Dad, could see what I was doing, and I'd get banned off the PC! ;)
They don't seem to look over your shoulder enough as of late do they?

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
RichardH said:
So, my Mum or Dad, could see what I was doing, and I'd get banned off the PC! ;)
They don't seem to look over your shoulder enough as of late do they?
What does that mean? :?: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.