• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Air Explore

pitdiver

My wife and are due to fly with jet2 to Fuerteventura in May from EMA. I have received an email from jet2 advising that we will be flying with one of their " Partner Airlines" : Air Explore. Can anybody tell me anything about them, are they reliable etc?

Rob H

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
My wife and are due to fly with jet2 to Fuerteventura in May from EMA. I have received an email from jet2 advising that we will be flying with one of their " Partner Airlines" : Air Explore. Can anybody tell me anything about them, are they reliable etc?

Rob H
I think that's probably a wet lease agreement - I've seen a few Air Explore planes showing up with Jet 2 flight numbers on Flight Radar 24 recently. similar to when British airways were using Finnair aircraft for a few months last year ( and are currently using a couple of Danish A320s ).

ExRes

Established Member

Rob H

Slovak airline founded 2008 operating 737-800s and owned by Avia Solutions Group, leased aircraft to Jet2 in 2022 & 2023

pitdiver

I think that's probably a wet lease agreement - I've seen a few Air Explore planes showing up with Jet 2 flight numbers on Flight Radar 24 recently. similar to when British airways were using Finnair aircraft for a few months last year ( and are currently using a couple of Danish A320s ).
As I understand it a "wet lease" includes flight crew and cabin crew. Jets2 says it will be the normal cabin crew that we normally fly with.

westv

Established Member
On the couple (I think) of times when we have had a Jet2 swap the crew have been Jet2 but we were only informed of the change when checking in.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
As I understand it a "wet lease" includes flight crew and cabin crew. Jets2 says it will be the normal cabin crew that we normally fly with.
Interesting... usually if an airline says you're flying with a partner airline it would imply that airline is providing the crew as well.

Please do report back after the trip - be interesting to know what actually happens. :)

nap666

Rob H
I had the same email from Jet2 last year for a flight from EMA to Corfu, seemed to be Jet2 cabin crew, but couldn't tell difference, I've also had a similar email this week for a BHX to Athens flight at the end of June.

mpthomson

The airframes have exactly the same layout as the Jet2 737-800s. Air Explore's standard seat isn't one of the ultra-thin ones fitted to the Jet2 aircraft, so they may be the only noticeable difference unless they've put the Jet2 seats in if it's a lengthy lease.

WestCoast

Established Member
I flew on an Air Explore 737-400 about 10 years or so ago when they were operating on behalf of Ryanair. The plane interior was aged as I recall but the flight was fine.

Interesting... usually if an airline says you're flying with a partner airline it would imply that airline is providing the crew as well.

Please do report back after the trip - be interesting to know what actually happens. :)

I recall there is such a thing as a damp lease, with generally pilots being provided by the operating carrier joined by cabin crew from the carrier marketing the flight to the customer. I think this is the arrangement favoured by Jet2.

mpthomson

I flew on an Air Explore 737-400 about 10 years or so ago when they were operating on behalf of Ryanair. The plane interior was aged as I recall but the flight was fine.

I recall there is such a thing as a damp lease, with generally pilots being provided by the operating carrier joined by cabin crew from the carrier marketing the flight to the customer. I think this is the arrangement favoured by Jet2.
It's certainly how the AirTanker chartered 330s operate(d).

westcoaster

Established Member

Rob H
Air Explore aircraft with Jet2 logos.
Inside will be Jet2 seats and cabin crew, Flight crew will be Air Explore.