• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

all line rover ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Only to and from your port of departure not just a random Jolly...

But there's no reason why the OP couldn't go to Kyle, there's nothing that says it must be to the same point of departure.
But obviously the OP couldn't make a return journey on the pass

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Although going by a strict interpretation of the wording of the ALR restriction, surely the OP only needs an E.G. Kings Cross (KGX) - Finsbury Park anytime single to board a train out of KGX in the morning peak? Which I don't think it would break the bank to buy without 33% off.

It would be cheaper to buy one from Farringdon.

andythebrave

As I understand it the reason quoted for the southeast boarding restrictions is to do with undercutting season tickets. As far as I can tell even a Manchester London season is more expensive than the ALR.
Upshot is if I wanted to repeat my jolly travels from childhood I'd either get stuck 10 miles away at Milton Keynes or Bedford or have a late start or, quite ridiculously, have to pay for a short hop to split. Even if going northbound.....

RJ

Established Member
That's not a problem we can re-brief ;)

You can indeed, but how do you overcome the issue of ensuring a message briefed to thousands of people across several organisations is received and understood?

This thing with product knowledge cuts both ways - whilst valid Off Peak tickets are regularly rejected, things like this slip through the net so maybe a new approach is required altogether.

Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
That's not a problem we can re-brief ;)

I’d say there are more pressing issues to brief your staff and colleagues on bedorentou start worrying about this.

For example briefing your management and staff responsible for manning the gate line that many Off Peak tickets are valid for travel in the evening peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.