• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All Liverpool - Warrington Bank Quay services cancelled due to driver shortage (17/11/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greybeard33

Established Member
From the Northern website:
As a result of key frontline staff either having contracted COVID-19 or having to self-isolate, we have had to cancel services between Liverpool Lime Street and Warrington Bank Quay tomorrow (Tuesday)

This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but our priority is to deliver a service that is reliable and that our customers can have confidence in. The removal of the Liverpool – Warrington Bank Quay services will provide greater resilience across the remainder of our timetables, ensuring that those who need to make essential journeys can get where they need to be.”

This is an ever-changing situation and we will keep our services under constant review and will do everything possible to keep our customers informed and fully updated.

Customers are advised to check carefully before travelling and to use alternative services between Liverpool and Warrington.
I guess this is related to the high Covid infection rate in the Liverpool area.

Northern services between WBQ and Manchester/Chester are also disrupted today due to the fire at Bradford.

Edit: Services restored 18 November.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
I imagine this won't be the last such report. Train crew beginning to fall like dominos in various TOC/depots. If testing were being done more routinely I think the situation would be even worse. What they don't know won't hurt them...

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I imagine this won't be the last such report. Train crew beginning to fall like dominos in various TOC/depots. If testing were being done more routinely I think the situation would be even worse. What they don't know won't hurt them...

Back to "key worker timetables", I wonder? Better to know what is being operated reliably than try to operate something you can't staff.

irish_rail

Established Member
This is no doubt a consequence of the government's policy of asking anyone and everyone in Liverpool to take a test, symptoms or not. Inevitably it was going to lead to many people finding they have covid who would.never have known, which is probably a good thing, but likely to decimate the working population of the city over the coming weeks. If Gov decide to roll this out UK wide the railways and many other industries could be in serious trouble!

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
This is no doubt a consequence of the government's policy of asking anyone and everyone in Liverpool to take a test, symptoms or not. Inevitably it was going to lead to many people finding they have covid who would.never have known, which is probably a good thing, but likely to decimate the working population of the city over the coming weeks. If Gov decide to roll this out UK wide the railways and many other industries could be in serious trouble!

Only short-term, though, as if those people self-isolate properly then it should help reduce cases down.

Djgr

Established Member
From the Northern website:

I guess this is related to the high Covid infection rate in the Liverpool area.

Northern services between WBQ and Manchester/Chester are also disrupted today due to the fire at Bradford.
I'm not sure the Covid rate is particularly high now in Liverpool. It appears to have fallen whilst everywhere else is catching up!

Status
Not open for further replies.