• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ALR funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcd

I have just been to a FGW station to book my 7 day All Line Rover. The ticket office person looked it up on his system and then told me there wasn't one. Only a 14 day one appeared on his menu. I insisted that there was one so he made a phone call and eventually found it. I think it might be an option under 14 day to change it to 7 day. The main funny is that it was issued as 2 coupons the main ticket with start date and end dates a week apart (as you would expect) but the second part is a flexi rover dates box ticket. Do I really have to fill in each day as I use it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
Seems to be a fault with FGWs ticketing system, even day rangers are being issued with date boxes for one day... Happened to me the last two times I have purchased a Devon day ranger.

CC 72100

Established Member
Seems to be a fault with FGWs ticketing system, even day rangers are being issued with date boxes for one day... Happened to me the last two times I have purchased a Devon day ranger.

Same here, ever since about May I've noticed that. Even the guard remarked what the second bit of the ticket (the date box one) was all about!

flymo

Established Member
Yonks ago I had a 14 day all line rover (purple stock) and there were 10 boxes on the back. The guard / Inspector insisted I showed him the back of the ticket and further insisted I wrote the day and date in one of the boxes. I did of course but when I then remarked that it was 14 day rover so what about the other 4 days he said he was going to check. That was about 20-odd years ago so wonder if he has found the answer? :D

I presumed the 10 boxes were for a 10 from something ticket but kept him happy anyway. There can't be any reason for filling all the date boxes on a 14-day rover can there?

table38

Established Member
It it just me thinking that you may want to avoid any FCC RPI's as you may end up with a "fine" for either of:
  • correctly not filling in the date box
  • fillling in the date box incorrectly

:)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Same here, ever since about May I've noticed that. Even the guard remarked what the second bit of the ticket (the date box one) was all about!

I noticed the same issue last week. My "Ride Cornwall" ticket issued at Truro booking office is annotated "Issued as 2 coupons", but the clerk never handed me the second coupon (presumably one with one date box on it).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I noticed the same issue last week. My "Ride Cornwall" ticket issued at Truro booking office is annotated "Issued as 2 coupons", but the clerk never handed me the second coupon (presumably one with one date box on it).
On some systems, the receipt counts as a Coupon, so one ticket alone would say issued as 2 coupons. I think Northern's TVMs do this.

calc7

Established Member
On some systems, the receipt counts as a Coupon, so one ticket alone would say issued as 2 coupons. I think Northern's TVMs do this.

Virgin's TVMs at Euston will, if buying a return and selecting "add receipt" will issue four coupons, the fourth coupon saying "four coupons": the OUT, RTN, collection receipt and card receipt.

TVMs at certain other stations will have the fourth coupon saying "three coupons".

<D

Status
Not open for further replies.