• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Also available at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barn

Established Member
My season ticket is London Terminals to Maze Hill and is marked "also available at Blackheath".

My usual journey is Cannon Street to Maze Hill.

Am I right in thinking that this ticket would also be valid for:

Charing Cross to Lewisham
Victoria to Peckham Rye
Blackfriars to Denmark Hill

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

87 027

Although in my experience likely to throw up error 116 (station not listed for entry/exit) at the alternate and intermediate station gatelines

Barn

Established Member
Thanks. And here are a couple which I suspect are not valid:

Maze Hill to Blackheath changing at Charlton.

Maze Hill to Blackheath direct via Slade Green and Barnehurst.

I'm guessing the "also available at" bit means that Blackheath can substitute for Maze Hill (so it becomes equivalent to a London Terminals to Blackheath ticket) but Blackheath can't substitute for London Terminals (so it becomes equivalent to a Maze Hill to Blackheath ticket)?

postye

Thanks. And here are a couple which I suspect are not valid:

Maze Hill to Blackheath changing at Charlton.

Maze Hill to Blackheath direct via Slade Green and Barnehurst.

I'm guessing the "also available at" bit means that Blackheath can substitute for Maze Hill (so it becomes equivalent to a London Terminals to Blackheath ticket) but Blackheath can't substitute for London Terminals (so it becomes equivalent to a Maze Hill to Blackheath ticket)?

If you want to travel to Blackheath via Charlton it may be worth your while getting a London - Charlton season which is valid both via Greenwich and Blackheath and is the same price for a 7DS as the AAA ticket

Barn

Established Member
If you want to travel to Blackheath via Charlton it may be worth your while getting a London - Charlton season which is valid both via Greenwich and Blackheath and is the same price for a 7DS as the AAA ticket

Thanks. To be honest I'm asking mostly out of academic interest although, as the price is the same for monthlies too, I think I might as well switch to the Charlton one next time. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.