• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

anglian

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
when are nxea class 170 or class 153 next due a C6?

Partly ask this because would love to see a 170 in NX white in close contrast with a 357 in that livery!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dont know when they due next c6. but my friend is a DMU fleet mgr for Nat Express at NC, and no DMU`s will be having livery changes they are staying as they are!

fgwrich

Established Member
Dont know when they due next c6. but my friend is a DMU fleet mgr for Nat Express at NC, and no DMU's will be having livery changes they are staying as they are!

Nice...So Anglia's set to continue with dire 153s then! Please could you get him to give the 153 Fleet a good and proper external clean then! Shiny would be nice...you might also find the weight of the 153 might also decrease at the same time! :lol:

Make it nice and simple for First to refurb them! :lol: That is of course, if they put in a bid for the East Anglia Franchise!

dk1

Veteran Member
NXEA's (Intercity/local) fleet is taking an added dirt bashing this year due to the constant sub-zero nughtime tempretures. This causes the Crown Point washer to switch off. I must agree that several 153s are in a pretty dire state & are showed up by 354/364.

Such a shame really as i remember 'Rail' magazine once commenting on the outstanding external condition of Anglia's dmu's as they passed their Peterborough offices whilst on the Ipswich run.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if 156417 came back from Wolverton in all over White when it's been repaired.

lm321412

I wouldn't be at all surprised if 156417 came back from Wolverton in all over White when it's been repaired.

Wouldn't be the first 156 then to wear all over white then!

Didn't 156403 work with Central in plain white, seem to remember it in Birmingham a good few years ago.

387star

On Moderation
funny theres still 156s going around in Central livery!

Why refurbish internally and not externally? I realise franchise up for renewal but was said in Rail magazine prior to this announcement the 156s would be left untouched externally!

sprinterguy

Established Member
Wasn't 402?

Yep, 156402.

funny theres still 156s going around in Central livery!

Why refurbish internally and not externally? I realise franchise up for renewal but was said in Rail magazine prior to this announcement the 156s would be left untouched externally!
Only the two 156s left in Central livery, but I agree that it's been quite a while since that livery has been relevant to an operator.

An internal refurbishment is a bigger concern than an external repaint as the average passenger takes more notice of the inside of the train than the outside, and an internal refurbishment can continue through a change in TOC, whereas a repainting programme carried out in the midst of a franchise change would probably see half the fleet painted (vinyled) in the old operators livery and the other half in the new operators: Hardly an efficient use of cash; better to wait until the new franchise holder has been announced.

Is 156419 still the only 156 in National Express silver/white?

jopsuk

Veteran Member
NXEA do have a bit of a mish-mash of DMU liveries- they still have at least a 170 and a 153 in "Anglia" livery as well as the 156s in Central, the bulk of the fleet in de-rainbowed 'one' and that single 156 in silver and white. Mindyou, the EMU fleet isn't much better. Livery doesn't seem to be something National Express have cared that much about since the start of the 'one' franchise, and have cared even less since they were threatened with losing the franchise.

MCR247

Established Member
And IMO livery shouldn't be a priority, it is a waste of money to have trains re-vinyled/painted in every new franchise

VP185

I wouldn't even say that NX refurbished the internals! A change of seat covers and a new piece of carpet laid down the centre isle of the train doesn't justify a refubishment!

The wash plant at Crown Point has been operating in sub-zero temperatures but the washer is inadequate against ground in dirt... not helped by the poor quality paint work. The units need proper handwashing but that costs money!

One wonders what London Midland will say regarding the state on their 153's once they are returned! NX should be embarassed if they return them in their current state

lm321412

One wonders what London Midland will say regarding the state on their 153's once they are returned! NX should be embarassed if they return them in their current state

Although they are clean at London Midland, they are hardly in fantastic condition. All London Midland have done to them is retrimmed the seating and fitted a LED display which usually doesn't work!

The carpets on them are very frayed and the vestible areas etc are still very bare and dull!

dk1

Veteran Member
Although they are clean at London Midland, they are hardly in fantastic condition. All London Midland have done to them is retrimmed the seating and fitted a LED display which usually doesn't work!

The carpets on them are very frayed and the vestible areas etc are still very bare and dull!

Drivers desks have been updated & are totally different to the NX fleet. Had to move one the other day for the first time & it took me a few minutes to gather myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.