• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Annoying Celebs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Celbretities annoy me when they ask us public to donate money to charity when they are millionaires :roll: This really bugs me!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Wouldn't hurt some of them to stick their hands in their own pockets,deep as they are. :)

Simming

I believe the rich dont have to give money to charity, as nice as it is when they do. They have obviously managed to make a load of money by doing something right somewhere in there lives, like bill gates for example, he doesn't have to give his money to charity? there is no law? he has spent many years making one of the best computer systems out there, and for that he has been awarded for it.

(this rant excludes celebs that are celebs for having no talent what so ever, ie big brother stars etc etc etc)

Sprog

Established Member
How do you think they are rich!!?

Exactly, they are penny pinching tight-wads when it comes to others.

Ive said this before. Poverty will NEVER end, the world is just too greedy................... :cry: :cry:

ChrisM

Simming said:
I believe the rich dont have to give money to charity
*Selective quoting*
Sure but they have a nerve asking for cash from poorer people who don't have the skill (like me) to ever be mega rich. :(

AJP

They are wearing dresses that cost thousands and will be stuff like poverty is a terrible thing we should give money.

It drives me mad :roll:

Tom B

Established Member
Simming said:
like bill gates for example, he doesn't have to give his money to charity? there is no law? he has spent many years making one of the best computer systems out there, and for that he has been awarded for it.

No, he has had people write an OS and then used marketing to persuade gullible people that it's useful. Which is why he's so rich.

Any person who brands themselves a "celebrity" instantly goes down in my books.

jd

I think that about footballers - most of them earn in a week what somebody really vital to society such as an ambulance driver, fireman or doctor earns in a year... its ridiculous.

The Snap

Established Member
AJP said:
Celbretities annoy me when they ask us public to donate money to charity when they are millionaires :roll: This really bugs me!

Yup, same here, however, they might have donated, but just not said so... ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Richard - you appear to have spelt "volunteer" wrong ;).

jd said:
I think that about footballers - most of them earn in a week what somebody really vital to society such as an ambulance driver, fireman or doctor earns in a year... its ridiculous.

Don't even get me started. They think that because they kick a ball around a field once in a blue moon they are at the top of the tree. They would look barbarian in a pack of monkeys.

Jonno2055

Then they get OBEs for doing what?

When there are policemen, firemen, doctors nursesetc saving lives every day

Tom B

Established Member
In the case of this guy we're meant to call Lord Coe, for doing a favour to Tony and Ken... :roll:

jdjonnay

Annoying celebs? Some of you lot might disagree with me here, BUT, bear with me, as I explain this.

My annoying celeb is;

burntfaceman.jpg

Oops, sorry, I mean;

Simon%20Weston.jpg

OK, Simon Weston. So, he had his face burnt whilst serving his country, and now has written several books and got quite a bit of money out of it. Loads of people served their country, died for their country, he got burnt and refused plastic surgery, and makes a mint out of it :?

Yes, he is brave to a degree, BUT, there's braver people who aren't recognised. And yes, he does do charity work, which reflects on him. What happened to him wasn't heroic, it was bad luck, he wasn't helping his country by getting his face burnt off, and neither was he by declining surgery.

You lot might disagree with me here, and I do respect the bloke, but don't think he deserves hero or celebrity stasus. Care to debate? I'm talkative tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.