• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Class 91 question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash39

Established Member
Can anyone tell me what services 91101 is allocated to this weekend, if any?

Only seen it once, and it was on a Leeds service. I was driving so didn't get a proper look

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Today 91101 is currently allocated:

1A04 0605 LDS - KGX
1S10 0930 KGX - EDB
1E20 1500 EDB - KGX

ash39

Established Member
Thanks a lot, thanks to this info got a great shot of it approaching York at lunchtime. I'll upload it later. Shame it was pulling a gner liveried set! Can't have it all.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Shots as promised. I nearly missed it as well! Was really windy so sat in my car until it was about 5 minutes away. Went to the spot where I wanted to shoot from, which had no view of the line approaching. As soon as I got into position I heard what sounded like a HST coming so thought I'd fire some practice frames off on it to check settings etc. Imagine my surprise when the 91 appeared in the viewfinder! Must get my ears tested.

6970440589_11aa454ded_z.jpg

6970480577_60ba639e80_z.jpg

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Nice shots, always like the ones where the terrain is blurred but the subject is clear.

ash39

Established Member
Yeah thanks again 43096, think it looks great in the purple livery. Been practicing panning shots and had mixed results but luckily nailed this one ,would have been annoyed as hell if i blurred it as I only went for this and its a 15-20 min drive!

ash39

Established Member
Thanks! decided to start a project to shoot all 31 of them but with the condition that each picture has to be suitably different and not just a snapshot that anyone can take at a station on a camera phone. I'll put them in this thread if anyone is interested.

Yew

Established Member
I just wish instead of the blend at the end, it had a solid line (the paint job)

Shame they cant have the FLYING SCOTSMAN font on the EAST COAST decals on the normal sets :/

GNER 373

Great shots mate! I love seeing this livery! I mostly catch the matching DVT at Donny on duty, It was running with a full set of silver Mk4 and a bloody blue 91 last week!

ash39

Established Member
Yew, I quite like the fade, makes it look a bit more special. Have to say I haven't seen it close up though. As I said above, once from my car and once when taking this picture.

373, sounds like they need to swap a loco because 101 was pulling a full set of blue including DVT! 82231 I think it was.

GNER 373

Yew, I quite like the fade, makes it look a bit more special. Have to say I haven't seen it close up though. As I said above, once from my car and once when taking this picture.

373, sounds like they need to swap a loco because 101 was pulling a full set of blue including DVT! 82231 I think it was.

Its a shame they couldn't keep it all as one set and use it on the FS service as that was the point, obviously some sort of operational reasons that have seen it split!

Hornby are releasing this as a set too! Gotta have it!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I just wish instead of the blend at the end, it had a solid line (the paint job)

Hmm I think the fade works better when it's with the silver/grey coaching stock. If it was just solid then I think it would be a bit jarring.

ash39

Established Member
373 definitely getting the hornby FS pack! Just getting back into models/trains in general after about 10 years away. Saw my first '225' as a 3yr old at Neville hill in leeds,around 1989 time. Was absolutely pristine, presumably brand new, and I was in awe. It's my first memory that I can recall. So feel quite an affinity with them as you can probably tell by my enthusiasm for them!

GNER 373

373 definitely getting the hornby FS pack! Just getting back into models/trains in general after about 10 years away. Saw my first '225' as a 3yr old at Neville hill in leeds,around 1989 time. Was absolutely pristine, presumably brand new, and I was in awe. It's my first memory that I can recall. So feel quite an affinity with them as you can probably tell by my enthusiasm for them!

Same here! I was lucky enough to remember one of the first ever 91's coming into Central Station in 1989. Being an avid HST fan seeing this was akin to seeing a UFO! Amazing! 7 yrs old! I was also lucky enough to ride shotgun from NCL to EDB in 1997 after writing to GNER for a job....didn't get a job (too young) but got a cab ride and 1st Class VIP treatment on the way back. I got GNER polo shirts and caps too! Best day ever! I love 91's still stare at them in the awe of that 7 yr old! Ha

ash39

Established Member
Yeah I was into hst's as well but once I saw a 91 I was more into them.

Might need some kind persons help this weekend to let me know what 91s are gonna be in Leeds on sat evening. Going to leeds v west ham so might takd the opportunity to add to my project if its not 101,103 or 117!

transmanche

Established Member
Really nice pictures. Well done.

I dislike the East Coast logo - I don't know why they didn't save some money and just re-use the 'rising sun' logo used by the ICEC shadow franchise. And unfortunately the silver livery just seems to highlight every single imperfection on the mk4 carriages... but this livery on the 91 really looks good!

ash39

Established Member
Thanks transmanche!

Can anyone on trust tell me what 91s are on the following tomorrow please?

1805 and 1905 Leeds to kings x
1703, 1735 and 1803 kings x to Leeds.

I realise one or two might be a hst.
Cheers!

shedman

Thanks transmanche!

Can anyone on trust tell me what 91s are on the following tomorrow please?

1805 and 1905 Leeds to kings x
1703, 1735 and 1803 kings x to Leeds.

I realise one or two might be a hst.
Cheers!

Wont know that till late this evening. Ill see what I can do though

CC 72100

Established Member
. And unfortunately the silver livery just seems to highlight every single imperfection on the mk4 carriages... but this livery on the 91 really looks good!

Interesting you've mentioned that. I was thinking exactly the same about CrossCountry mk3s. The interior looks really nice, the retrofitted dot matrix screen halfway down the coach now in use (well was on mine yesterday) but the mark3s from the outside really look dented, wonder if the silver does show that up as I haven't noticed the same with the FGW examples? :s

ash39

Established Member
I agree it looks poor in terms of showing dents. The grey they use instead now though looks even worse, it's like bare primer!!

GNER 373

I heard the only reason they chose the grey/silver colouring was so that when the EC franchise goes back to private ownership the grey/silver is a perfect undercoat for any potential franchise liveries to paint on! So what we've got now is a primer!

ash39

Established Member
I heard that as well, but having a mix of grey and silver plus a few one offs (91101 + DVT, 91110 to follow) isn't exactly a blank canvas!

Anyone know the diagrams for tomorrow yet?

ash39

Established Member
That's fine, actually I don't need to decide whether I'm going or not until about 5pm so even the daytime will be ok.

Thanks
Annoyingly only one of them was a 91! At least it was one I hadn't shot yet, 91114. Was in platform 8 as well which was good as I had as long as I wanted to try and get something different as it's out of the way of the main hustle and bustle.

So far I've ticked 101, 114, 117, 122, and 128 off my list.

Saw a rather nice looking Transpennine 170 as well, not seen one before close up. Very smart. Was just sat there with no apparent forthcoming duty.

6991222725_2c106773be_z.jpg

That's fine, actually I don't need to decide whether I'm going or not until about 5pm so even the daytime will be ok.

Thanks
Annoyingly only one of them was a 91! At least it was one I hadn't shot yet, 91114. Was in platform 8 as well which was good as I had as long as I wanted to try and get something different as it's out of the way of the main hustle and bustle.

So far I've ticked 101, 114, 117, 122, and 128 off my list.

Saw a rather nice looking Transpennine 170 as well, not seen one before close up. Very smart. Was just sat there with no apparent forthcoming duty.

6991222725_2c106773be_z.jpg

That will have done something, not much uses platform 14 at Leeds.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Assuming you were there around 2200 I would guess that it will have arrived at 2159 from Hull and be waiting to form the 2222 back to Hull.

ash39

Established Member
No was much earlier, around 6pm. It was there until I left at half 7 though. Nobody touched it!

Status
Not open for further replies.