• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AnthonyRail Pictures and Trip Reports (contains large images)

Kite159

Veteran Member
It's Worcester Shrub Hill, just so you know ;)

Hope you enjoyed your first visit to the SVR! You haven't missed anything fun with the 88, that's for sure.

£46 to £59 for the FoSS? That's a bit of a large increase, I can't believe that's the case! It's always been a bargain rover that's for sure, a shame that's changing if true.

It be true, similar to the FoSW rover

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Just seen my first IEP, shame it departed before the Hst was due to go along side platform, would've made a great photo. But still happy with the shot I got.

Attachments

• IMG_9281.jpg
    IMG_9281.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just seen my first IEP, shame it departed before the Hst was due to go along side platform, would've made a great photo. But still happy with the shot I got.

Good photo Anthony.

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Good photo Anthony.

It was great to see one, as they normal go thru 2am so seeing one in day light was brilliant.

Here's another photo.

I'm off do Devon day rover as Tornado is due down.

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpg
    IMG_9290.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It was great to see one, as they normal go thru 2am so seeing one in day light was brilliant.

Here's another photo.

I'm off do Devon day rover as Tornado is due down.

I heard it whistle when it went by but I can't work out when it's coming back. Is it diesel hauled back? I read 59/2 somewhere is that right?

Dhassell

I heard it whistle when it went by but I can't work out when it's coming back. Is it diesel hauled back? I read 59/2 somewhere is that right?

London to Penzance Behind Tornado.
Penzance to London behind 59202

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
London to Penzance Behind Tornado.
Penzance to London behind 59202

Thank you sir. Any idea what happens to Tornado? Will it be tacked on the back still or going somewhere else?
Also what's the maximum speed of a 59/2 are they slower than a 66 due to gearing etc?
Questions questions all the time... :)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Nice to see 50049 back out on the mainline. Will they be spending the weekend stabled at Bishops Lydeard do you know?

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Nice to see 50049 back out on the mainline. Will they be spending the weekend stabled at Bishops Lydeard do you know?

Yep staying there all weekend assuming they won't move, then take 20s back to SVR next week

Last edited: