• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any news on The Key with London Buses/Tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Row

Hi,

I sent a message to Southern but still haven't got a reply about The Key in London Underground. Last I heard was that February 2014 was supposed to be when they would roll it out to London tube and Buses. Has there been any development on this?

I noticed it's theoretically possible for me to load a season ticket from my Home town to London Zones 1-6, but I wasn't sure whether it officially worked on TFL.

I'm hoping to buy an annual ticket as soon as it's officially possible. Right now I'm juggling The Key to London Victoria, and Oyster PayG for the rest of my journey.

The card clashes are happening more frequently now (so I wonder if it's been activated?) and I rather not be stung with incomplete journeys penalties or worse...the tutting of a fellow commuter when the barriers dont let me through!:lol:

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

talldave

Established Member
It was going to be feb2014, that's why I got mine at the start of the year. But nothing. Southern simply edited feb2014 out of the faq!! I think it is now "later in 2014". If it's Southern's responsibility to get the compatibility sorted we could be waiting a long tine.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I believe that it became compatible last weekend along with the start of capping on buses when using contactless payment cards. The current FAQ page on Southern's website suggests that it is now working (last but one question).

Last edited:

talldave

Established Member
I believe that it became compatible last weekend along with the start of capping on buses when using contactless payment cards. The current FAQ page on Southern's website suggests that it is now working (last but one question).

The faq talks in the future tense. If Travelcards could be loaded on to the key Southern would be shouting about it, and they're not.

mattdickinson

C2C state that they will issue Travelcards on ITSO from 13th October. I would be a little surprised if Southern didn't start then also.

Last edited:

talldave

Established Member
Southern started issuing Outboundary Travelcards bought online or on TVMs on Wednesday (August 6th). Indeed, when I look on the Southern Season Tickets website (http://tickets.southernrailway.com/sn/en/journeyplanning/SeasonMixingDeck) it does offer me Outboundary Travelcards on The Key.

That sounds like progress. But they're not selling Day Return Travelcards for it yet :cry:.

Southern really need to tidy up their FAQ. It's a jumbled mess of random questions for differing products. There are two questions about break of journey but neither apply to my "normal" Key with a standard single or return.

Row

Hey guys thanks for all your replies.

Your responses line up with an email I finally received off them. Apparently Annual,Monthly and Weekly travelcards are now available to buy from a machine at the station, but online it won't be rolled out until 20th of this month. Not quite sure my route is available online already but maybe it was for a trial.

So anyone brave enough to give it a go on the bus or tube?:D

andrewkeith5

Hey guys thanks for all your replies.

Your responses line up with an email I finally received off them. Apparently Annual,Monthly and Weekly travelcards are now available to buy from a machine at the station, but online it won't be rolled out until 20th of this month. Not quite sure my route is available online already but maybe it was for a trial.

So anyone brave enough to give it a go on the bus or tube?:D

I would be for a day travelcard....but not willing to risk the price of a weekly ticket for it! Not that I have any use for weekly tickets anyway :(

Status
Not open for further replies.