• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any problems with buying rovers at Ealing Broadway

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Not been there for a while and a bit wary as I have the impression TfL offices are only good at TfL products.

Do they issue CCST tickets / orange bog roll or something else?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I don't know for definite but I suspect they issue on CCST as it's a TfL operated station and they don't have barcode readers on their gates. The CCST stock will probably have the TfL logo on it.

tramdan

A friend of mine regularly buys Rovers/Rangers at Ealing Broadway. They are issued on CCST, no problem at all.

Established Member
I bought a couple of Thames Branches Day Rangers at Ealing Broadway.

Admittedly they are valid there, but they were for the following day. The very friendly clerk gave an extremely good impression of TfL, clearly knew exactly what we were after and sold them as quickly as you'd expect a single to Paddington.

redreni

I bought a couple of Thames Branches Day Rangers at Ealing Broadway.

Admittedly they are valid there, but they were for the following day. The very friendly clerk gave an extremely good impression of TfL, clearly knew exactly what we were after and sold them as quickly as you'd expect a single to Paddington.
I must say I've had a similar experience with the TfL-run ticket office at Abbey Wood. Night and day difference from when Southeastern used to run it (I think the Southeastern staff got redeployed to other stations and TfL got their own people in).

The staff are much better trained and seem happier in their jobs. I've bought some fairly obscure tickets from them and they've been really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.