• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any VPs left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antharro

I'm wondering if there are any HSTs with the VP engines left in passenger service? I have a free weekend and would like to get to see one in action before they're all gone!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
VPs aren't going anywhere, Valentas are - 43123 and 084 on Grand Central are all thats left.

antharro

Excellent. Anyone know if/when they're running this weekend? Any gen would be appreciated!

antharro

I've been reading that 084 is now out; piston through block.

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35256&page=8

So there's one left. I might phone up GC and see if they'll tell me when it'll be running...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just received this from GC Customer Services:

On 16/12/2010 17:41, Customer Services wrote:

Dear Sir,

43084 is not in a fit state to be used. 43123 is in traffic paired with an MTU power car, but it may be stopped on depot over some or all of the weekend for attention.

Kind regards

Not a direct answer, but I'll turn up a couple of times over the weekend and see if I catch 123. :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just an update for all those following this thread. This is from the Grand Central website:

43084 has suffered with major power unit failure and is no longer available for use. This means the plan that we were working towards for a farewell run with the last two Valenta power cars cannot now be achieved.

It is planned for 43123 to be in traffic Sat & Sun, working off Heaton Depot on Saturday morning and will be part of the following services: 06.53 Sunderland to London Kings Cross, 11:27 London Kings Cross to Sunderland, 17:30 Sunderland to London Kings Cross. Sunday 19th December, 43123 will be working the following services: 09:07 London Kings Cross to Sunderland, 13:42 Sunderland to London Kings Cross, 18:20 London Kings Cross to Sunderland.

We are hoping to organise some nonstop farewell shuttles (two each way) between Sunderland & York on Wednesday 22nd. Times & final arrangements are yet to be confirmed. Special fares will apply on these trains, namely £25 Standard Single or £50 First Single per leg between Sunderland & York or vice versa. No concessions. Due to timescales it will be “Pay On The Train” on the day. These arrangements are however subject to alteration at short notice, but we will do our best to update this section of the website accordingly.

Thankyou for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.