• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone from Scotrail out there: Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Biker

I have applied for a position as a conductor in Glasgow and Edinburgh, I would appreciate advice on how to prepare myself for the on-line assessment and interview.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Classic Biker

Hi Classic Biker, I just got the dreaded email after doing online test for conductor. GUTTED!!

Sorry to hear that, Keep trying I have applied 8 times for different positions over the last two years. So chin up and soldier on.
What is involved in the online test as I am still waiting on being shortlisted?

Network

I applied for these posts back in October (one in Central and one in Queen Street)

got an email through last night to do an online assessment, which I done

Anyone know how long it takes before the results are back to you? Status still says "invited to take online assessment"

Also, the assessment only seems to have applied to one of the posts, and the other still says awaiting shortlisting. Surely they don't make you do the same test for each post?

Hapless

I applied for these posts back in October (one in Central and one in Queen Street)

got an email through last night to do an online assessment, which I done

Anyone know how long it takes before the results are back to you? Status still says "invited to take online assessment"

Also, the assessment only seems to have applied to one of the posts, and the other still says awaiting shortlisting. Surely they don't make you do the same test for each post?

I went through this process for the Conductor role with First Trans Pennine, passed everything but was put on hold 3 month ago. Applied for the Glasgow Scotrail vacancies Central & QSt, knocked back for Central, didn't get past shortlisting, QSt still pending. Frustrating as f...!!!

ee el oh

My big tip for the on line assessment, CHEAT!.
Have a calculator and a clever friend sit beside you,
you read out the questions while they calculate and give you
the answers. Two heads are better than one, it worked for me.
My guess is they need to whittle down the numbers somehow.
I don't really see it as cheating, just using your initiative which
is what the railway is really looking for.

good luck anyhoo.

Network

I went through this process for the Conductor role with First Trans Pennine, passed everything but was put on hold 3 month ago. Applied for the Glasgow Scotrail vacancies Central & QSt, knocked back for Central, didn't get past shortlisting, QSt still pending. Frustrating as f...!!!

Yeah I was at the same FTPE assessment as you I remember you posting on here at the time, before I registered on here

ScottyB

Hey guys,

Good luck to those still in with a shout and sorry to those who haven't made it through.

I took my on line assessment on Friday night for the new Borders Railway Conductors position and having seen the words of "Awaiting shortlisting" for a number of days I logged in this evening to be greeted with the new words of "Awaiting invite to assessment".

Can anyone please tell me if this means I have passed the on line assessment or whether it means they are considering inviting me, ie whittling down the numbers and then inviting the best scorers for the assessment?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

455driver

Veteran Member
Can anyone please tell me if this means I have passed the on line assessment or whether it means they are considering inviting me, ie whittling down the numbers and then inviting the best scorers for the assessment?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

It means you passed and when the assessments get booked you will get another email with the location for the assessments, date and time on it.
Well done.

Last edited:

ScottyB

It means you passed and when the assessments get booked you will get another email with the location for the assessments, date and time on it.
Well done.

Thanks a lot for the info. Here's hoping the assessments are in The Borders although I do think they will take place in Edinburgh. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.