• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone travel only in London Zones using a paper ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
I'm probably the only one who travels wholly in London zones using a paper ticket (as I get 1st class). Anyone else do the same thing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
I have a Railcard and I use paper tickets when they're cheaper. For example, East Croydon - St Pancras Mon-Fri 1600-1859 costs me £4.90 for an undiscounted PAYG Oyster single because the Railcard does not give a discount on single Oyster fares at that time. Instead, I buy a £3.90 Railcard discounted paper single. The Railcard does give a discount on single fares issued on paper tickets at that time.

Wolfie

Established Member
I'm probably the only one who travels wholly in London zones using a paper ticket (as I get 1st class). Anyone else do the same thing?

I have a paper Z1-2 Annual Travelcard/Goldcard.... so yup!

Be3G

Established Member
On this subject, what's the situation with the ex-WA London Overground stations if purchasing a travelcard season; i.e. have they switched yet from offering them as paper tickets to only providing them on Oyster, or can they do either?

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I use a point to point paper season whose origin and destination are both within the zones

matt_world2004

Established Member
I imagine a lot of Shenfields Amersham, Chesham and Watford Junction Journeys are made using a paper ticket, Simply because of the lack of other services in these areas that use an oyster card.

Status
Not open for further replies.