• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

applied for train Train Presentation Operative, Heaton (Nights)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boro10

hello I applied for the Train Presentation Operative, Heaton (Nights)‏ with northern rail

It only closed on Friday any idea when I will hear back about about a possible interview ?

many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

darren111

Good luck with your application. I can tell you that the TPO role is a fantastic role, not hard work and a good way of progressing to other roles in the future.
I have been a TPO for just under a week, based at Leeds at night, whilst Tour De France is on. I got this temp role through an recruitment agency called NRG. Saturday was my last shift. The experience of working with Northern is now been added to my CV.

junior_7178

What does the job involve? I'm still trying to get to grips with all the names the TOC's have for the different jobs.

darren111

Hi Junior,
The job involves sweeping, mopping, emptying bins, cleaning of onboard train tables, internal window frames and toilets. The toilets on the trains empty its waste on the track whilst moving, hence the sign on outside of toilet asking you not use the toilet whilst train is stationary, to avoid waste being emptied on track at station. You only clean trains and not platforms or station itself, as this job is been done by another company like iss/initial. Its not a difficult job and you are always working with someone, whether you are based at a station or depot.
I highly recommend job, my week working with Northern was one of the best experiences and Northern staff are friendly supportive and have a sense of humour.
Hope the above information helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.