• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
I mean I don’t want discourage anyone, but for XC there will be loads of applications with already passed psychometrics and all that, so chances are probably even smaller than any other trainee role. XC pays the most of any TOC as far as I know, so it’s appealing for even more people.
Rubbish.

Well in my (opinion) it shows a high interest in the role that is likely to be reflected in the application numbers but clearly you disagree :E
If they had anywhere close to that amount of applications then it would have closed early.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Rubbish.

If they had anywhere close to that amount of applications then it would have closed early.
Indeed. In fact, the viewings just represent already active members in this thread surely?

Nice Try
Re the pay no they are not..
Secondly those that have passed assessments still need to get through process, you could have an assessment pass but be woeful in interview etc
Partly. But this is before we even ge to interview stage. It’s debatable whether having passed the psychometric assessments helps, but I think it does. If you put that in your cover letter, you have to be of a safer bet than someone who they have to assess? Even if it’s not in your cover letter or CV, most TOCs check the system to see the lay of the land in this respect.

PickleTree

Indeed. In fact, the viewings just represent already active members in this thread surely?

Partly. But this is before we even ge to interview stage. It’s debatable whether having passed the psychometric assessments helps, but I think it does. If you put that in your cover letter, you have to be of a safer bet than someone who they have to assess? Even if it’s not in your cover letter or CV, most TOCs check the system to see the lay of the land in this respect.

I will be interested to see how it plays out. As you say @Stigy I have put on my cover letter that I have in date enhanced psychometric passes including the MMI and also provided them with my NI number as I believe this is the way they check the database.

Well this thread has had 21k views :E so it gives you an idea of application numbers...
Not really as that would also count refreshes, anyone generally browsing the page and each individual time someone goes to a new page (depending on how the forum works internally) and there’s the potential for bots.

jacey

Not really as that would also count refreshes, anyone generally browsing the page and each individual time someone goes to a new page (depending on how the forum works internally) and there’s the potential for bots.
Yeah no idea how its recorded on this forum. But its generated a high amount of views on this forum and i would be surprised if the job of multiple depots around the country has not also generated high numbers, but anyway it really doesn't matter good luck to all that have applied.

antbravo81

Does anyone have any ideas or links where i could get the advertisement details? unfortunatly the link at the top doesnt open the job specification now and devil child has coloured my printed one in!!!!!!! <D

tfin25

Does anyone have any ideas or links where i could get the advertisement details? unfortunatly the link at the top doesnt open the job specification now and devil child has coloured my printed one in!!!!!!! <D

D Rivers

This do you??

Attachments

• 1B8923CA-A840-4B96-835D-36EF30718D75.png
    1B8923CA-A840-4B96-835D-36EF30718D75.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 125
  • D652AB26-B4D2-4349-821F-46648D38FF3D.png
    D652AB26-B4D2-4349-821F-46648D38FF3D.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 121
  • FE53FF3F-0E1A-4B30-8130-6B677928FC95.png
    FE53FF3F-0E1A-4B30-8130-6B677928FC95.png
    553.1 KB · Views: 116

michael74

Just had an email apologising for the delay due to the high number of applicants. Its started with "due to ..... " and just for a moment my heart sank lol

TrainNutts

Unfortunately missed the deadline to apply for this. How often do these get advertised? I'm on the Lancs/Yorks border and struggling to find any vacancies atm!

They put something out around this time last year, although if memory serves me correctly there was a requirement to have 3 years experience elsewhere on the railway.

Demx93

Unfortunately missed the deadline to apply for this. How often do these get advertised? I'm on the Lancs/Yorks border and struggling to find any vacancies atm!
I guess nobody knows when the job advertisements are going to be released, just keep checking every couple of days, on the TOC website that you’re interested in, then get you’re application in early so you don’t miss out :)

MPE

Does anyone know how the DB careers Internet page work for example can you add a new document at any time it appears you can or Would that cancel out your profile does anyone know? Many thanks

Does anyone know how the DB careers Internet page work for example can you add a new document at any time it appears you can or Would that cancel out your profile does anyone know? Many thanks
I’ve added and removed pages with applications in process.

912-t100

Does anyone know how the DB careers Internet page work for example can you add a new document at any time it appears you can or Would that cancel out your profile does anyone know? Many thanksgiving

if you login you can add or remove documents while the application is still in the process stage I believe

Efini92

Established Member
I mean I don’t want discourage anyone, but for XC there will be loads of applications with already passed psychometrics and all that, so chances are probably even smaller than any other trainee role. XC pays the most of any TOC as far as I know, so it’s appealing for even more people.
Having already passed the psychometrics gains no advantage at XC. Everyone has an equal chance.
As for pay, Avanti pay more. But money isn’t everything.

PickleTree

Having already passed the psychometrics gains no advantage at XC. Everyone has an equal chance.
As for pay, Avanti pay more. But money isn’t everything.
Other people who went through this process last year have already stated that they didn’t need to complete any tests etc because they already had the passes and went straight to DMI so this would suggest in some cases it does make a difference to have the passes already. We will have to wait and see what happens this time.

SJN

Other people who went through this process last year have already stated that they didn’t need to complete any tests etc because they already had the passes and went straight to DMI so this would suggest in some cases it does make a difference to have the passes already. We will have to wait and see what happens this time.
The did the DMI first last year, then checked your pass marks with OPC or sent people for testing who hadn’t already done them. The very first thing is online test, then DMI then OPC.

Established Member
It doesn't affect the screening is what was meant. Also the DMI was before the OPC tests.

PickleTree

The did the DMI first last year, then checked your pass marks with OPC or sent people for testing who hadn’t already done them. The very first thing is online test, then DMI then OPC.
Cheers @SJN what were the online tests you had to sit? And would these effect any previous OPC passes? I assume if they are different tests as they are online they wouldn’t?

YingYing

Has everyone received an email from them today? I’ve had nothing...
No, I didn't, but don't worry about it. These things can be a bit inconsistent from experience, it doesn't mean you've been lost in the system.
Cheers @SJN what were the online tests you had to sit? And would these effect any previous OPC passes? I assume if they are different tests as they are online they wouldn’t?
Online tests are not the OPC assessments. Online tests are done as a sifting phase by some TOCs, so have no bearing on your OPC scores if you've already got them under your belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.