• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are all Valentas gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
There will still be plenty around at Easter. GNER still have a few, all of MML fleet have a valenta in them, and FGW still have a few left, although 43146 is reported to have a new layer of oil on the paintwork.....

RJ

Established Member
Will any Valentas be around at easter!?!:sleepy2:

Nope - emergency recall for all Valentas, EWS 37/4s and Eurostar 37/6s + Mk3s draughted it to replace them over Easter until further notice.

Dennis

Established Member
There will still be plenty around at Easter. GNER still have a few, all of MML fleet have a valenta in them, and FGW still have a few left, although 43146 is reported to have a new layer of oil on the paintwork.....

Aren't the MML ones VP185?

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Still quite a lot of Valentas out and about on GNER, I had the ex-VXC set on Sunday evening to Hull, Valentas both end (I believe) :D

Darandio

Established Member
Still plenty of Valentas about, but for how long?????
Hoping to catch a couple on Saturday at Darlington, although knowing me i will get the repowered ones.

For all MML HST fans, 43178 is a BEAST! Screams like mad :lol:
I was also lucky enough to catch 2 GNER HST's tonight, all 4 PCs Valentas :D

Guinness

Established Member
what about virgin
Virgin don't operate regular HSTs anymore. There is an exception due to Voyager Shortages, a Midland Mainline HST is hired Mon - Sat most weekdays (Wasn't out today due to no spare stock). It mostly runs Newcastle/Derby - Bristol/Plymouth.

There is likely to be Summer Saturday HSTs to Newquay and Paigton.

kestrel

Plenty of valenta's around for valenta veg to froth over lol !! only 32-34 FGW PC's are MTU'd,

By xmas will prob' be about 10-20 valenta's still around on the Western region.

thefab444

Established Member
Virgin don't operate regular HSTs anymore. There is an exception due to Voyager Shortages, a Midland Mainline HST is hired Mon - Sat most weekdays (Wasn't out today due to no spare stock). It mostly runs Newcastle/Derby - Bristol/Plymouth.

There is likely to be Summer Saturday HSTs to Newquay and Paigton.

Isn't there one that runs Mon - Fri from Birmingham New Street - Edinburgh (one trip there, one trip back)?

XC092 is only till this Friday.

Established Member
Can I ask somthing , JDS (fab444) is saying ALL FGW VALENTAS are going is this true or his he winding me up?

David

Established Member
It's true. The program to re-engine them all is well under way, and is expected to be completed not long after Christmas.

Established Member
It's true. The program to re-engine them all is well under way, and is expected to be completed not long after Christmas.

Thanks any going to be around at 6th Apr??? or is it just MTU ?:blah5:

Status
Not open for further replies.