• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are Hornby going to make a NXEC liveried HST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bittern

Established Member
As the title, says really. Any signs of hornby making one of these? With the repaints of the 43 they've done in the past from the original livery to the GNER livery, the NXEC silver and white would be a nice addition.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Only way to get Hornby to make anythings to put it on there wishlist im afraid...Afterall, we've aLL got things that we want Hornby, Bachmann etc...to make but with Hornby, this is the only way to suggest products / models to them...

http://hornby.com/customer-support/questionnaire,34,HAR.html

Afterall...i want Hornby to re-introduce the ex Lima IE 201 Class and Mk3s in IE livery..Aswell as a Local Lines class 153 and 143...but its hornbys unfortunate only way to do this...

Bittern

Established Member
I would love one of them to make a 318 refurbished and/or a 334. To the questionaire I go!

Spartacus

Established Member
I should imagine they'll do one at some point, they're not going to do all liveries in one year. I'd like to see them do the NMT at some point, it'd make a good train pack or set.

Heinz57

Resurecting an old topic hear but Hornby are making an exclusive class 43 HST for model zone in the East Coast white and silver livery, it won't have the National Express branding, just East Coast. The appropriate Mk3s are also going to be made.

Its due for release around September (Avalible for pre-order now). I belive it will be DCC ready, there won't however be a DCC fitted version. Its going to be priced around £150. £25 each for the stock.

You can find more info on the Model Zone website

http://www.modelzone.co.uk/

Its only a limited edition so get 'em while you can!

FlyingScot

As the title, says really. Any signs of hornby making one of these? With the repaints of the 43 they've done in the past from the original livery to the GNER livery, the NXEC silver and white would be a nice addition.

When you say NXEC, you could mean that a)it's the silver and white livery or b)the blue with a white stripe. However, hornby has almost never made an ex livery, so it's most likely a.

Established Member
When you say NXEC, you could mean that a)it's the silver and white livery or b)the blue with a white stripe. However, hornby has almost never made an ex livery, so it's most likely a.

White stripe wasnt/isnt really the NXEC livery, the silver one is however

Fincra5

Established Member
£150 is quite expensive for 2 powercars... Compared to, say a 4cep, which is less and very detailed.

Fincra5

Established Member
Actually heinz, we were talking about why it was a rip off because you had to pay £150 pounds for just the power cars, and the coaches were sold seperately.

Yeah, because you used to get a pack with coaches for around that price.

Heinz57

Actually heinz, we were talking about why it was a rip off because you had to pay £150 pounds for just the power cars, and the coaches were sold seperately.

Ah I do appollogise. Thought you meant are they not being made.

I have to agree with you on the price though, it is pretty rediculous. £150 for power cars? (£120 for those that arn't limited eddition) You used to beable to pick up a HST set, with two Mk3s included for £80.

£163 for the FGW? I'd rather not

EDIT:

Just noticed something else on a related matter. Class 08s for £40? I remember a time when you could pick them up for £15

Status
Not open for further replies.