• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva London trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Juliet Barvo

I tried to apply, but I applied lasst year and it looks like my application is still on file and I wasn't able to reapply. So I just updated last year's one.

Saffa

I got invited to an assessment day as well on the morning of the 19th. When is yours and what are you doing to prepare?
My is next Thurs, the 22nd. At the moment just trying to get my head around the practice material!

Saffa

My is next Thurs, the 22nd. At the moment just trying to get my head around the practice material!
I've just rang HR and moved mine to the 3rd Dec. Better for me and abit more practice time too!

Nishhh

Arriva rail 100% tests to enhanced standards
Anyone already in a pool be advised that Arriva make you sit the VSE in house rather than online like you may have done with any other TOC/FOC

Dear people of this forum,
I am a new user here, I have applied to this position on the 8th of November. I have not heard since! Good people of this forum, why is this the case? A Primarch should not be trifled with!

*End of Primarch Vox recording*

Okay, I am a bit worried!!

Dennymc

Hi all,

I've sat the stage 1 and am waiting to hear back but have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

If all stages are passed and you go onto the years training, do you get the reduced or free travel on the network while training?

Is there any reason that new cross gate are recruiting trainees again when they did already last year? Did trainees fail the training or move onto other depots?

I'm in a secure job that I've just started, the money isn't as good as a train driver but isnt far off and I really want to go for this role as I've wanted it for a long time but with a young family my responsibilities outweigh anything else and if there is a high failure rate in the training process it would make me a little hesitant.

Hopefully someone can give me some answers and I hear good news about my stage 1

Thanks

Marino

Hi Dennymc,

When you start training you get a staff oyster, Arriva reciprocal card and a TOC privilege card. That's a hat trick...
"Apparently" all trainees currently go to NXG and learn the ELL...transfers are possible afterwards but you join a list of varying length depending on depot.

Regards...

Gooner18

I am a new user here, I have applied to this position on the 8th of November. I have not heard since! Good people of this forum, why is this the case? A Primarch should not be trifled with!

It can take up to two weeks to hear anything, You can always give HR a ring and ask when you may hear about your results
Hi all,

I've sat the stage 1 and am waiting to hear back but have a couple of questions if anyone can help.

If all stages are passed and you go onto the years training, do you get the reduced or free travel on the network while training?

Is there any reason that new cross gate are recruiting trainees again when they did already last year? Did trainees fail the training or move onto other depots?

I'm in a secure job that I've just started, the money isn't as good as a train driver but isnt far off and I really want to go for this role as I've wanted it for a long time but with a young family my responsibilities outweigh anything else and if there is a high failure rate in the training process it would make me a little hesitant.

Hopefully someone can give me some answers and I hear good news about my stage 1

Thanks

Yes you will get free travel on TFL routes and a few other TOC routes , after a month or so you will get a ATOC card which gives you reduced fees on all other routes.

With regards to why New Gate , I guess that’s where the shortage of drivers are

Dennymc

It can take up to two weeks to hear anything, You can always give HR a ring and ask when you may hear about your results

Yes you will get free travel on TFL routes and a few other TOC routes , after a month or so you will get a ATOC card which gives you reduced fees on all other routes.

With regards to why New Gate , I guess that’s where the shortage of drivers are

Ok, thanks for the reply

Thanks Gooner18, I'll wait one a few more days and see. Then I will give them a ring, some folk have been receiving faster responses approx. a day or two, did they exceed the benchmark? Maybe.

Gooner18

Thanks Gooner18, I'll wait one a few more days and see. Then I will give them a ring, some folk have been receiving faster responses approx. a day or two, did they exceed the benchmark? Maybe.

I don’t think there is a set out pattern of who gets contacted first , prob just work down a list etc

Nishhh

Hi all,

Thanks

In regards to the lack of drivers, since Arriva took over a lot of the drivers are u happy with the company itself and have moved to other TOCS

OneLowban

Sit tight is the answer unfortunately, the response time varies so much in the rail industry.

Me and 2 of my colleagues from my previous job applied for the same TOC on the same advert in March this year:
- I sat my stage 1 tests in April
- They sat theirs in September.

Nishhh

Any particular reasons they are unhappy?

They are just unhappy with the way they are being treated by Arriva. I know they’re all currently being monitored on dwell times and Aslef had to get involved. Also on the Gospel Oak to Barking line they’re short of trains as our new stock was not tested in time by Bombardier which means a heap of delays and cancellations and it has a knock on effect for the drivers.

Dennymc

Anyone heard back from Monday?
I've had an email saying my application won't be progressing any further, going to call to find out what the reason is or what I failed on so I can work on it for next time

I've had an email saying my application won't be progressing any further, going to call to find out what the reason is or what I failed on so I can work on it for next time
Sorry to hear that, well you can only do your best. Failure is assured without trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.