• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail - London Overground - Trainee Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana D

Just been for psychometrics stage 1 and 2 ,unfortunately I failed the VSE, but passed everything else. Anybody needs some advice ,you can ask me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Teddyward

Just been for psychometrics stage 1 and 2 ,unfortunately I failed the VSE, but passed everything else. Anybody needs some advice ,you can ask me.
I failed that too in February. Don’t lose faith. Apply for anything else that comes up, you don’t have to wait 6 months if another company doesn’t use the vse. I did, got my DMI for freightliner next week.

Ana D

I failed that too in February. Don’t lose faith. Apply for anything else that comes up, you don’t have to wait 6 months if another company doesn’t use the vse. I did, got my DMI for freightliner next week.
That's cool. At least you have one foot in the door already so it's good. Good luck with DMI

utternoob

wait what are the psychometrics ? so many damn test lol. At least you got a feel of tests. keeping chugging along hopefully you'll get past them next time.

I been going through the VSE practise materials and realized i was panicking for nothing just need to concentrate. Doing both tasks as the same time at first glance i was like o_Oo_O:'( very Daunting, slowly working my way through it only one mistake first time round but i didnt time myself. its knowing im being timed where i might mess it up.

Ana D

wait what are the psychometrics ? so many damn test lol. At least you got a feel of tests. keeping chugging along hopefully you'll get past them next time.

I been going through the VSE practise materials and realized i was panicking for nothing just need to concentrate. Doing both tasks as the same time at first glance i was like o_Oo_O:'( very Daunting, slowly working my way through it only one mistake first time round but i didnt time myself. its knowing im being timed where i might mess it up.
Psychometrics are the tests you've been sitting down, including the multi modal interview( that's psychometric too) lol.

Saffa

So....
Tomorrow is 4 months since my application and the closing date. Wonder if I'll finally hear back, would like to just know either way now!

Charliew24

How's everyone getting on with the practise materials ?

Hi, I competed the first 2 packs and most of the 3rd. I haven’t found it too difficult. I struggled with the memory test. I also struggled with the identifying the pictures purely because they wasn’t very clear. How much time do you give your self for them ?

utternoob

Fault finding test i can do with a minute to spare couple of times 1 min 30 seconds to spare the attention tests can get to line 16 of finding the D & b with in a minute Uv on the other hand :{

im fully lefty so the hand co ordination is a pain lol.

are you guys getting along, im getting nervous now.

Charliew24

Fault finding test i can do with a minute to spare couple of times 1 min 30 seconds to spare the attention tests can get to line 16 of finding the D & b with in a minute Uv on the other hand :{

im fully lefty so the hand co ordination is a pain lol.

are you guys getting along, im getting nervous now.

Im only getting to line 8 on the Uv its tough

Im getting around 15-16 for single letters to

I struggle a little with the memory test.

On the email we got sent it says we have 2 concentration test, the material in the book doesn’t state concentration test. Are they the same as a visual search test ?

To be honest it’s all on the day. I’ve revised and will try my best, what will be will be. No point getting worked up about it.

Charliew24

We’re the VSE similar to the ones In the the practice matieral ?

Was there any dot test involved ?

The email states at stage 1 we will do 2 concentration test but In the practice material nothing is labelled as concentration test ? Are they the visual search test ?

OneLowban

After getting through the assessments, my advice to anyone would be don't try and aim for specific times etc in the practice materials because the assessments are actually different.

These practice materials are just exercises to get you used to doing that sort of task, they aren't the same in the real thing.

For me, as I've said before, the assessments were easier than I built myself up to expect them to be and really surprised myself.

Whilst it won't be the same for everyone, do not over stress/worry, just practice moderately, get good rest, focus and make sure you understand on the day and you should be fine.

Ana D

The email states at stage 1 we will do 2 concentration test but In the practice material nothing is labelled as concentration test ? Are they the visual search test ?
The dots test is in the stage 1 Assesment. Stage 2 I had the computerised tests and the VSE. VSE has 3 concentration tests,they are not hard just needs a lot of focuss and you need to be fast as well. You need more info ask me.

Ana D

The dots test is in the stage 1 Assesment. Stage 2 I had the computerised tests and the VSE. VSE has 3 concentration tests,they are not hard just needs a lot of focuss and you need to be fast as well. You need more info ask me.
And no the VSE it's not similar like on the practice materials but those materials help a lot . VSE it's on a laptop done .not paper and pencil or pen

Ana D

Im only getting to line 8 on the Uv its tough

Im getting around 15-16 for single letters to

I struggle a little with the memory test.

On the email we got sent it says we have 2 concentration test, the material in the book doesn’t state concentration test. Are they the same as a visual search test ?

To be honest it’s all on the day. I’ve revised and will try my best, what will be will be. No point getting worked up about it.
getting slighty nervous now
Do not get nervous, you have no reason to be nervous is not rocket science ,trust me it's easy if you have a proper rest and focus on the day a lot .If you do not understand a test do not start it until you ask the assessor to explain it one more time to you.

Ana D

I forgot to say the first concentration test was the images appearing on the screen and you have to click on what you've seen on the road such as pedestrians, motor vehicle , motorbike , traffic lights, etc

Ana D

You won't be timed on the test ,however you have few seconds to click on the error button that's it.

utternoob

Just on my way back now from stage1 this morning. Big relief now the wait begins 10 day wait for the result

utternoob

Was anyone else on the morning assessments. I was the bold asian fella sitting in the front row in the middle :E

Completed my Stage one yesterday,
what question number did everyone get up to in the fault finding?

Status
Not open for further replies.