• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Qualified/Trainee Driver Vacancies - Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano4

Congratulations all

I have recently passed the DMI and have the medical booked for next week, I am a bit nervous about this but really proud of myself and hugely grateful to Arriva London for the opportunity. cannot wait to start, but wont believe it until I have that contract signed.

Well done! When did you have your DMI?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trance

Congrats to everyone who has recently passed their DMI'S.
Deano, I hope you hear good news very soon.
I would like to ask those of you, who have experienced the Arriva Rail London DMI. If it was more like a structured interview [MMI] or a mixture of competency based questions and knowledge of the TOC.
Any help will be greatly appreciated ,
Thank You and well done to all those that have passed

Deano4

Congrats to everyone who has recently passed their DMI'S.
Deano, I hope you hear good news very soon.
I would like to ask those of you, who have experienced the Arriva Rail London DMI. If it was more like a structured interview [MMI] or a mixture of competency based questions and knowledge of the TOC.
Any help will be greatly appreciated ,
Thank You and well done to all those that have passed

Good news...I passed the DMI and have my medical on Monday...due to start at NXG on the 8th May (all being well with the medical). Soooo Happy!

trance

Well done Deano, did they say anything about the delay in getting back to you

stevieoz

Recieved my contract in the post today which I am absolutely over the moon about, so looking forward to starting!

Anybody else here due to start at Willesden on April 3rd?

CamKacey

Recieved my contract in the post today which I am absolutely over the moon about, so looking forward to starting!

Anybody else here due to start at Willesden on April 3rd?

Congrats Stevieoz! I will also be based at Willesden, but with a slightly earlier course start date of 20th March, looking forward to getting started

JoDo

Ow so courses mix then with different depots, because I start 20th march but I'm from NXG depot. Interesting.

Skoodle

Mixed depot courses are quite normal at ARL. The classroom and simulator training takes place at Swiss Cottage and at Willesden depot regardless of which depot you will be based at.

When it comes to your first six weeks driving under instruction, you'll go to your allocated depot and do your train handling and route learning there, then come back as a group back in the classroom for a while before going back out driving.

CamKacey

Mixed depot courses are quite normal at ARL. The classroom and simulator training takes place at Swiss Cottage and at Willesden depot regardless of which depot you will be based at.

When it comes to your first six weeks driving under instruction, you'll go to your allocated depot and do your train handling and route learning there, then come back as a group back in the classroom for a while before going back out driving.

Appreciate the info Skoodle :)

stevieoz

Thanks for the info really helpful, what sort of class sizes are there?

geordieboy88

Has anyone else on here heard nothing since applying last December??

Likewise..... I did email them end of Feb asking for any sort of update, as my homepage hadn't changed either, and received a reply saying it could take between 3 weeks and 4 months to contact all candidates. I guess realistically that timeline could be extended depending if they were overwhelmed with applications.

So, until you receive something that says thanks but no thanks, just need to stay positive and wait for HR to process the remaining applications.

On the plus side, it's good to see other applicants on here progressing through and getting start dates, really well done all those who are due to start.

Techno77

Usually between six to ten is the norm.

Hi there,
You seem very well informed and I was hoping that you could clarify one thing for me. I passed all the assessments with ARL, but unfortunately was unsuccessful at the DMI.
I have been told by HR that I have lost one of my chances to become a driver with ARL, but that it would not affect my ability to apply to other TOC's. Of course, this is good news for me, but not sure if I can believe it, as I was under impression that it's all registered into one big data base. On the other hand some say that DMI is not an official part of assessment (like the OPC) and therefore it could be true.
I hope I have explained myself well and I thank you in advance for your time and reply.

trance

Hi there,
You seem very well informed and I was hoping that you could clarify one thing for me. I passed all the assessments with ARL, but unfortunately was unsuccessful at the DMI.
I have been told by HR that I have lost one of my chances to become a driver with ARL, but that it would not affect my ability to apply to other TOC's. Of course, this is good news for me, but not sure if I can believe it, as I was under impression that it's all registered into one big data base. On the other hand some say that DMI is not an official part of assessment (like the OPC) and therefore it could be true.
I hope I have explained myself well and I thank you in advance for your time and reply.

My understanding is the same that ,Unsuccessful DMI will not affect your two lives with the other TOCS , but you will only get two chances with ARL .
Skoodle seems to be more knowledgeable on the whole process, so he would be able to clarify the setup.

Skoodle

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about being unsuccessful. As far as I'm aware, it will just be with ARL that it counts against. As you have already passed the OPC assessments and ARL "extra" assessments, you will be able to apply for other TOCs and only have to do the DMI with them, or any extra tests they also have. Did HR say you had to wait six months before applying again? I guess in that time you'll have got a job with someone else ;)

Techno77

My understanding is the same that ,Unsuccessful DMI will not affect your two lives with the other TOCS , but you will only get two chances with ARL .
Skoodle seems to be more knowledgeable on the whole process, so he would be able to clarify the setup.
Yes, it seems that way. Thanks for your input! ;)

Techno77

Sorry to hear about being unsuccessful. As far as I'm aware, it will just be with ARL that it counts against. As you have already passed the OPC assessments and ARL "extra" assessments, you will be able to apply for other TOCs and only have to do the DMI with them, or any extra tests they also have. Did HR say you had to wait six months before applying again? I guess in that time you'll have got a job with someone else ;)
Thanks for your reply! Yes, HR told me I have to wait 6 months before I can re-apply with ARL, but am able to apply with other TOC's anytime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.