• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Atherton to Man Airport route

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungle93

Hi
If I am going from Atherton to Manchester airport do I have to change at Salford Crescent or am I allowed to go to all the way to Victoria and then get a train that goes from there to the airport?

I just want to go over the Ordsall chord because I never have but I don't know if it's a valid route.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
The LNER website will sell an Atherton-Manchester Airport ticket with an Atherton-Manchester Victoria-Manchester Victoria-Manchester Oxford Road-Manchester Airport itinerary.

scrapy

Established Member
Hi
If I am going from Atherton to Manchester airport do I have to change at Salford Crescent or am I allowed to go to all the way to Victoria and then get a train that goes from there to the airport?

I just want to go over the Ordsall chord because I never have but I don't know if it's a valid route.

Thanks
Ordsall chord is within 3 miles of shortest route so definitely valid. TPE trains from Victoria to the airport not the most reliable but your ticket would also be valid on Metrolink to Piccadilly if your train from Victoria gets cancelled.

Howardh

Established Member
I'd like to know if an Atherton/MIA ticket would be valid via Wigan? Thinking from Wigan you might be able to get a train straight to the airport even though it's going back on yourself (a ranger would cover it anyway).

SeanG

A Daisy Hill ticket is valid as follows (and so as they have the same routeing point I imagine that Atherton would be the same):
- Daisy Hill - Atherton-Salford Crescent-(Manchester Vic)-Deansgate- Airport
- Daisy Hill - Hindley-Bolton-Salford Crescent-(Manchester Vic)-Deansgate- Airport
- Daisy Hill - Wigan-Chat Moss line-Deansgate-Airport

scrapy

Established Member
A Daisy Hill ticket is valid as follows (and so as they have the same routeing point I imagine that Atherton would be the same):
- Daisy Hill - Atherton-Salford Crescent-(Manchester Vic)-Deansgate- Airport
- Daisy Hill - Hindley-Bolton-Salford Crescent-(Manchester Vic)-Deansgate- Airport
- Daisy Hill - Wigan-Chat Moss line-Deansgate-Airport
Yes NRE gives an itinerary for Atherton to Manchester Airport via Wigan or Bolton, however you cannot go via Wigan or Bolton if your ticket is just to Manchester CTLZ/stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.