• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Attention to BVE4 Train Creators - Class 08 Shunter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Hi,
Nice shots - I think I'll have a go, I've never made a BVE4 train before, so this might be a nice little project for me. ;) You have a PM...:D

Would be good for the ELR. ;) Maybe even have a local working from Norton sidings to Brookfield yard or something like that?...

The Snap

Established Member
James 66526 said:
Would be good for the ELR. ;) Maybe even have a local working from Norton sidings to Brookfield yard or something like that?...

Yeah, but I'm not promising anything excellent. It proably wont have the special features like rain, wipers, engine start/stop, wheel slip etc etc, like the other locos, at TSC. It will just have a big cab, and realisitc sounds. ;) As I said, it's my first train! :D

Maybe someone could add the finishing touches to your train if you get what I mean. Been thinking, could have a nighttime route from Maybank sidings to Whitminster sidings and another from Norton to Brookfield yard. Just a thought... :D

Coxster

Established Member
James 66526 said:
Maybe someone could add the finishing touches to your train if you get what I mean. Been thinking, could have a nighttime route from Maybank sidings to Whitminster sidings and another from Norton to Brookfield yard. Just a thought... :D
Shame BVE doesn't allow shunting :(

Rich said:
Yeah, but I'm not promising anything excellent. It proably wont have the special features like rain, wipers, engine start/stop, wheel slip etc etc, like the other locos, at TSC. It will just have a big cab, and realisitc sounds. ;) As I said, it's my first train! :D
I'm sure people will help you add the 'features'.

Could start the route from Maybank on the freight avoiding line. Seeing as you can't see what's behind the station, for all we know there could be a freightliner depot there... ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Shame BVE doesn't allow shunting :(

I'm sure people will help you add the 'features'.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Would be nice if we could get the trains to reverse, go forward etc onto different lines, like real shunting movements.

I’ll ask Simon G, as I need some favours from him about sounds and panel2.cfg stuff…

dvn1357 said:
Any sounds i'm sure i'll find the 08 at Paignton started up soon enough!

If you could get some sounds Liam, I’d be very grateful! :D

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
Yeah, I was thinking that. Would be nice if we could get the trains to reverse, go forward etc onto different lines, like real shunting movements.

I’ll ask Simon G, as I need some favours from him about sounds and panel2.cfg stuff…

If you could get some sounds Liam, I’d be very grateful! :D

I'll try!

Why not have a railtour. Maybank to Hammerwich non stop <D

Can they please do that on the fast lines up the ECML from London to Edinburgh just to p*ss everyone off? Lol

Dennis

Established Member
Remember going for a trundle up the Mid-Hants last year behind their 08, actually fell nodded off doing HO at the first window. It was not exciting (unlike most of the other traction that day).

Coxster

Established Member
ChrisCooper said:
You could do an 09 aswell, which is the sports version of the 08 with a top speed of 27mph!!
Any potential authors could do ours... (anything to plug my picture!)

09025.jpg

Met Driver

Established Member
I know very little about BVE train making, however I've managed this:

08shot.jpg

I won't be going any futher than that, as I simply wouldn't know where to start in terms of sounds etc. If Mr Holmes agrees, I'd be more than happy to send what I've come up with to someone with greater abilities than myself...?

The Snap

Established Member
Funnily enough, I've done this:

08.jpg

I have no sounds though, as the video Joe said he had has no sound. Therefore, if anyone has any, I'd be more than grateful if you could help me out...:D

joeholmes

Bloody brilliant lads! lol!! anyone out there who could help avec sounds??

Joe

Jim

Established Member
joeholmes said:
Bloody brilliant lads! lol!! anyone out there who could help avec sounds??

Joe
I can get some outside sounds, but it would rely on luck

joeholmes

Guys im totally fine to whatever you want to do with the files, I just got some pictures because i was lucky enough to be 2nd Man in her so i decided to take some pic's!

Feel Free to do whatever you like,

Regards
Joe

devon_metro

Established Member
Wow Rich and Seth, those cabs look really good!

As with Jim 08 sounds will rely on luck when the 08 decides to shunt at Paignton.

Dennis

Established Member
Sounds like a good excuse to check out the "driver for a fiver" offers at some of the preserved railways.

Nitro

Yep, those sceernies are very very good and the 08 would make a excellent addition to the BVE 4 trains collection even if BVE doesnt allow shunting...

Status
Not open for further replies.