• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Drivers Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next weeks strike and overtime ban called off pending EC examining new proposals

OT ban should have remained in place. Looks as if the EC are letting ATW management walk all over them. Ditch the strike action by all means, however removing the OT ban gives management the upper hand in any negotiations as the Union will now have to re ballot members if what the company is proposing is not accepted for recommendation to members. It will just keep going round in circles by the looks of things.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

atw driver

I am disappointed that they have called the overtime ban off it should have stayed until we vote on any proposals as the ban was hurting them. Also if the proposals don't meet with my approval then I will vote against them.

455driver

Veteran Member
Just because the overtime ban has been lifted doesn't mean the staff will be working overtime does it!

Just because the overtime ban has been lifted doesn't mean the staff will be working overtime does it!

If it's anything like Scotrail then there will be plenty of people.who will work it, overtime ban or not! Some people just don't see the bigger picture and don't realise a small sacrifice will gain them a better advantage in the long term.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Some people just don't see the bigger picture and don't realise a small sacrifice will gain them a better advantage in the long term.

Some people have bills to pay. Whilst I am one who will support a cause and sometimes to my own detriment I am lucky that I'm in a financial position to be able to do so. Many are not.

I am also mindful that not everyone is in total support. There is always some who are willing to vote yes and who do agree with the condition changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.