• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW Premier Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were on holiday in North Wales last week, and as a surprise 'holiday within a holiday' I booked for me and my partner to have a 1 night stay in Cardiff travelling 1st on the premier service both ways to and from Bangor.

I know it has been said before on this forum, but I felt I just had to say something about the on board service - amazing, really friendly and attentive. I have never experienced anything as good as this before, and I will be writing to ATW to say so. And a lovely drag to boot (which is of absolutely no interest to my partner!).

Pity really that these trains seem a romantic fantasy without the WAG subsidy. Of course, it's cheaper to drive (although I suspect that the std advance fares are actually cheaper than the fuel for a north-south Wales trip), but it does annoy me that so many people seem to have lost the ability to take pleasure in the journey. Getting there has always been half the fun for me, by whatever means, but too many people seem far too happy to load themselves onto nasty budget airlines these days, and the railways have too often been all to happy to downgrade their offer too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rail-britain

Established Member
So…what are you asking?
The OP is refering to the high level of customer service and value for money, compared to other such remaining services across the country from other TOCs

I have to agree, if you have the opportunity to use the Premier Service, do so

A very nice original posting, and heartening to see that there is somewhere in our country where people still take pride in what they do and offer exceptional service.

Sometimes, it should be about the journey. Many people spend hundreds of pounds to sit behind a kettle, yet often don't experience the kind of breathtaking scenery that you can take in on some of our scheduled services.

Bravo to ATW and thanks for reminding me to try it sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.