• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ATW salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlejo

I wondered if anyone can help on this matter ?

The salary for train driver with ATW is £41k...... is there shift allowance built into the salary or is it separate, if so what is the rate ?

If you work o/t, what is the rate of pay for o/t working ?
thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pugland53

The 41k includes shift allowance. Sunday's are paid at time and a third. I'm pretty sure rest days are normal time. The 41k is due to rise in July if the pay talks are sorted on time...unlikely!

choo~choo

Training rate 22k, Intermediate drivers rate after qualifying is 37k until 3yr point then 41k, as stated above Sundays are added on top, usually 10 per year at time and a third £30ph ish.. OT flat rate.. Pay award pending however..

TDK

Established Member
No, I wish.... had interview monday , just waiting now:roll:

Jst wondered about pay structure
cheers

You must be keen, I would have checked that out a long time before I even appled for the job!

carlejo

You must be keen, I would have checked that out a long time before I even appled for the job!

I am keen, yes, but I didn't think it was a relevant question to bother the panel with at my very early stage to be honest.
Hopefully I can get through to assesment stage next(probably wont know for approx 3-4 weeks)

TDK

Established Member
I am keen, yes, but I didn't think it was a relevant question to bother the panel with at my very early stage to be honest.
Hopefully I can get through to assesment stage next(probably wont know for approx 3-4 weeks)

Not a relevent question to the panel but some good old research on the net would have given you the info!

bob1

I had a list of questions as long as my arm to ask in my driver managers interview and pay was one, the interviewers were more than happy to answer this and all my other questions. I took the approach that the interview isn't just for them to see if they want you in there company but to see if you want to work for them. ( it wasn't for ATW by the way )
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
( their not there )

TDK

Established Member
I had a list of questions as long as my arm to ask in my driver managers interview and pay was one, the interviewers were more than happy to answer this and all my other questions. I took the approach that the interview isn't just for them to see if they want you in there company but to see if you want to work for them. ( it wasn't for ATW by the way )
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
( their not there )

If an iterviewer gets a sniff or is led to believe a candidate is going for the job for the money you won't get through the interview, it depends on how you ask the question!

A-driver

Established Member
If an iterviewer gets a sniff or is led to believe a candidate is going for the job for the money you won't get through the interview, it depends on how you ask the question!

Sorry but I don't agree with that at all. Why does anyone go to work including those giving interviews? Simple-the money.

Of course its preferable that you have interest in the work and can answer the other questions but I would be more concerned about people who didn't ask about pay etc.

carriageline

Established Member
Sorry but I don't agree with that at all. Why does anyone go to work including those giving interviews? Simple-the money.

Of course its preferable that you have interest in the work and can answer the other questions but I would be more concerned about people who didn't ask about pay etc.

If all someone cares about is the money, more than likely not going to be their best worker, and will probably do the bare minimum every day. They probably won't help others/the company, and will probably cut corners to get home earlier, as an example.

Train drivers in particular are a very good example of this, alot of people are applying now for the "easy money". If someone goes to the interview and just goes on about how much money they can be earning, it seems they don't have a particular interest in the job, or what it seriously entails.

Swirlz

My thoughts are that an interview is a two way street.

They want to know what you can do for them, you want to know what they can do for you.

I would have thought discussion of salary expectations is a common interview topic, if it hasn't been advertised prior.

carriageline

Established Member
My thoughts are that an interview is a two way street.

They want to know what you can do for them, you want to know what they can do for you.

I would have thought discussion of salary expectations is a common interview topic, if it hasn't been advertised prior.

By all means ask about salary, I have done it at alot of interviews. There is a difference between being curious about the salary, and that's all you care about.

TDK

Established Member
By all means ask about salary, I have done it at alot of interviews. There is a difference between being curious about the salary, and that's all you care about.

As I said it is the way you ask the question, I do know what I am talking about by the way :)

bob1

I agree, it wasn't my first question but of course a question which needed to be approached as it wasn't in the job description.

It didn't do me any harm in asking as I was offered the job as a trainee. Maybe I asked the right way lol ;)

loplop

Am I right in thinking the conductor roles are 21k in training, rising to 28k? I saved the role description but not the salary details, and I'm doubting my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.