• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

available soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavelex

A Jubilee line demo, from Bond Street to Green Park will be released very soon.

A slightly updated 96ts will also be released.

It wasn't the original plan, but we thought it might restore peoples confidence in the project.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
A Jubilee line demo, from Bond Street to Green Park will be released very soon.

A slightly updated 96ts will also be released.

It wasn't the original plan, but we thought it might restore peoples confidence in the project.

YAYA, Thanks James.

The Snap

Established Member
People should remember that there are two Jubilee Line projects (gavelex’s and BRT’s) underway at this moment in time, which are entirely unrelated.

Coxster

Established Member
People should remember that there are two Jubilee Line projects (gavelex’s and BRT’s) underway at this moment in time, which are entirely unrelated.
But according to the BRT website, theirs is currently on hold so obviously people are going to be looking forward to Gavelex's maybe a little bit more at this precise moment in time, although BRT's does look impressive and was good to drive at Acton. Then again, the person who made themselves out to be the main contributor to that version has apparently fallen out with BRT (or something like that) so who knows what is what. Can't say I recall seeing any shots of Gavelex's yet.

devon_metro

Established Member
But according to the BRT website, theirs is currently on hold so obviously people are going to be looking forward to Gavelex's maybe a little bit more at this precise moment in time, although BRT's does look impressive and was good to drive at Acton. Then again, the person who made themselves out to be the main contributor to that version has apparently fallen out with BRT (or something like that) so who knows what is what. Can't say I recall seeing any shots of Gavelex's yet.

BRTs version is progressing well, last I heard.

Craig

Established Member
I'm still confused as to how Gavelex staked a claim in the Museum's simulators... Did he actually have anything to do with this route and has he actually done anything for this route or yet again is he leeching off other people's work?

The Snap

Established Member
I'm still confused as to how Gavelex staked a claim in the Museum's simulators... Did he actually have anything to do with this route and has he actually done anything for this route or yet again is he leeching off other people's work?

Gavelex has nothing to do with the simulators at the museum. The version on the systems now has been recently updated to the BRT version, after the previous one burnt out the machines.

Gavelex

There on my site.

I know it says on the homepage that it's available, but I have had to remove the installers because I still had a * in the "files to delete in the destination folder" and they deleted all my files in route/train/object! glad I had them backed up!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Dan and myself went down to the museum to fix somthing Beevers had put in, that frose the sims after one run. The computers then didn't frease, then Beevers went down there (with tickets and accomadition all paied for by the LTM), updated them so nothing I had done was on there (and was given £££ for that). So I have no problem and dont care about the LTM anymore.

Yet again leaching off other peoples work? what do you mean by that?

The Snap

Established Member
Dan and myself went down to the museum to fix somthing Beevers had put in, that frose the sims after one run. The computers then didn't frease, then Beevers went down there (with tickets and accomadition all paied for by the LTM), updated them so nothing I had done was on there (and was given £££ for that). So I have no problem and dont care about the LTM anymore.

You will find that Tom's tickets are paid for by the LTM, and nothing else.

You'll also find that the machines crashed due to the ridiculously large textures used in the previous version, not what Tom did. Tom actually rectified something which you changed...

Coxster

Established Member
So basically if you don't want to damage your computer then you need to use the BRT version (Rich/Kelvin, as opposed to Dan Lewis/Gavelex's version)? IMHO they look the same (or at least very similar) in screenshots so it would seem logicial to simply use the one that doesn't explode one's computer - even if it does mean waiting a while longer yet.

Last edited:

The Snap

Established Member
So basically if you don't want to damage your computer then you need to use the BRT version (Rich/Kelvin, as opposed to Dan Lewis/Gavelex's version)? IMHO they look the same (or at least very similar) in screenshots so it would seem logicial to simply use the one that doesn't explode one's computer - even if it does mean waiting a while longer yet.

I'm not saying that their version ruins computers. I *did* do, whether it does now is different. Plus, their version is a different section of the line AFAIK.

Craig

Established Member

So you yet again just weasled your way in there because you wanted to and buggered up further computers that weren't faulty (freezing due to overheating issues) but you decided that you could fix them anyway. Also changing filenames on the computer to extremely immature things is hardly a way to make BVE and the community seem professional. Then when you started taking the biscuit by marching in there demanding to "work" (muck around with) several days a week and when denied (quite rightly) you kick up a stink and claim major stake in the project somehow.... I don't get it!! Glad you don't care about the LTM no more tho, be better without you I reckon :)

Leeching :

In Computing terms

Specifically on the Internet, being a leech or leecher refers to the practice of benefiting, usually deliberately, from others' information or effort but not offering anything in return, or only token offerings in an attempt to avoid being called a leech.

In Economics

This type of behavior is called "Free riding" and is associated with the Free rider problem.

In both cases

The name derives from the leech, an animal which sucks blood and then tries to leave unnoticed. Other terms are used, such as freeloader, but leech is the most common.

Take your pick.

Craig

Established Member
Well it's all factual, so there's no problem :p

gavelstoat.jpg

Coxster

Established Member
Gotta love a bit of satire ;) I think it's pretty safe to say you've been struck right off someone's xmas card list though (oh noes!) :p

Back on topic though - has anyone other than DS successfully tried this new version?

Last edited:

Craig

Established Member
I think it's pretty safe to say you've been struck right off someone's xmas card list though (oh noes!) :p

I don't know how I'll cope :p

You ask for the Jubilee and 1996ts for so long, you plead for it. Then when they is uploaded, all you can do is moan over a couple of oversights* in the readme..

* - blatantly plagiarising someone else's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.