• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Delay Repay Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk688

As the title suggests , had a query about a delayed Avanti service I took yesterday and how much delay repay I'd be eligible for

The train in question was the 1735 service from Stafford to euston yesterday , which was delayed on route at Milton Keynes for just under half an hour and arrived into Euston " approximately half an hour late " according to the guard

While claiming delay repay would I claim it under the 15-29 mins or the 30 mins + section as I'm not sure exactly how long the delay was on the service , whether it was just under or slightly over half an hour

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
As the title suggests , had a query about a delayed Avanti service I took yesterday and how much delay repay I'd be eligible for

The train in question was the 1735 service from Stafford to euston yesterday , which was delayed on route at Milton Keynes for just under half an hour and arrived into Euston " approximately half an hour late " according to the guard

While claiming delay repay would I claim it under the 15-29 mins or the 30 mins + section as I'm not sure exactly how long the delay was on the service , whether it was just under or slightly over half an hour
Presumably this service:

RTT has it as 31 minutes late into Euston, so I would certainly file it under the 30+ category.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Good luck.

Avanti once argued my train was 29 1/2 minutes late, even though the doors hadn't opened before the 30 minute mark and I took a photo as soon as the doors opened; they are a dishonourable company but if systems show this delay as over 30 minutes even Avanti may admit defeat and actually cough up.

alistairlees

Established Member

It depends how late you were in arriving at your final destination - was this Euston?

I ask because you could have been doing a journey only from Stafford to Euston (in which case you are eligible for delay repay); or you might have been doing a journey from (e.g.) Stafford to Dover, where you might have not arrived late (because of the time allowed for cross-London connections), and so might not be eligible.

blackhill

Good luck.

Avanti once argued my train was 29 1/2 minutes late, even though the doors hadn't opened before the 30 minute mark and I took a photo as soon as the doors opened; they are a dishonourable company but if systems show this delay as over 30 minutes even Avanti may admit defeat and actually cough up.
I didn't hold much hope of getting a refund but got £691 for a 120 min delay from Edinburgh to Bristol on 12th February for four tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.