• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti Qualified Drivers - Euston, Wolves and Liverpool (06/03/2024)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Which depot. Euston apparently go up the pay scales quicker than other depots. Apparently you can do RDW while route learning too.
Yeah Euston for me. The money side of things could swing it for me as far as continuing on with the process.

Grvrdvicdr

Yeah Euston for me. The money side of things could swing it for me as far as continuing on with the process.
Go on in approx 52/3 I believe then stay on this for approximately 4 months until you sign Wembley depot and Wolverhampton then goes up. Then up again once all routes signed But you don’t go up to 67 until 2 years after you signed it all

baz962

Established Member
Go on in approx 52/3 I believe then stay on this for approximately 4 months until you sign Wembley depot and Wolverhampton then goes up. Then up again once all routes signed But you don’t go up to 67 until 2 years after you signed it all
I believe it's only one year at Euston.

Established Member
I put in an application in your name and one at Thameslink station Alban's for you. :D

Just leave the one down the corridor alone, or I’ll come for you in the middle of the night…:D

I wonder how many from our place have put in for Euston this time around. LNER will be the big one, I suspect.

Last edited:

baz962

Established Member
Just leave the one down the corridor alone, or I’ll come for you in the middle of the night…

I wonder how many from our place have put in for Euston this time around. LNER will be the big one, I suspect.
Hopefully you have o_O

Thanks for that. Any idea what it goes up to after the first 4 months ?

I put in an application in your name and one at Thameslink st Alban's for you. :D
You a TL driver ?

Tyrion

Does anyone have a contact email for recruitment team you could DM me please?

B0bm

Has anyone got the Avanti terms and conditions they can PM over to me pretty please?

PlexiDriver

Yeah but there were somethings that caught me out. Just second guessed myself. Plus 85% pass threshold haha.

slidingdoors

Flunked the rules! But hey ho good luck to everyone else.
Remembering rules is a nightmare. I certainly wouldn’t fancy doing a test even with revision. Was it multiple choice or more like free text written answers if you don’t mind me asking?

PlexiDriver

Remembering rules is a nightmare. I certainly wouldn’t fancy doing a test even with revision. Was it multiple choice or more like free text written answers if you don’t mind me asking?
It was multiple choice, but a couple I just mis read the answers. It happens I suppose. I also don't sign absolute block and have never earned competency so it threw me

Tyrion

It was multiple choice, but a couple I just mis read the answers. It happens I suppose. I also don't sign absolute block and have never earned competency so it threw me
With multiple choice I sometimes rattle through them 2 quick! You will know for next time!