• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Driver - Wolverhampton (17/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainguy151

Hi all, think this is the better thread to jump on. I started this process in Feb like you all. Got the call last week and got my DMI finally on Thursday. For those of you who have already passed and I know a few have recently started, any tips for the DMI? Any ideas how many places are left from your experiences? Cheers

Brownbear187

Got the news today on Friday 13th… I start on the course on March 13th, haven’t come down since getting the emails earlier!
Congratulations! Nice swift start too - Crewe or Glasgow?
Received my confirmation today that I'm in the talent pool, fingers crossed its not a very long wait - buzzing!

shayes

Congratulations! Nice swift start too - Crewe or Glasgow?
Received my confirmation today that I'm in the talent pool, fingers crossed its not a very long
Congratulations Trainguy151!

Question on the training if it's at Crewe or Glasgow, are there other training locations? I ask because I am awaiting my DMI for London, and that sounds like a nasty commute

Emma2021

Question on the training if it's at Crewe or Glasgow, are there other training locations? I ask because I am awaiting my DMI for London, and that sounds like a nasty commute
You'll get your travel pass and put up I a hotel with food allowance. Even london people have been sent to glasgow for training. It's only a short time in the grand scheme for an amazing job

Efini92

Established Member
You'll get your travel pass and put up I a hotel with food allowance. Even london people have been sent to glasgow for training. It's only a short time in the grand scheme for an amazing job
Glasgow is the better location. Crewe is a dump.

shayes

That's more doable thank you

Trainguy151

Sorry, ain’t been on here for a while. Yes I’m going to be training in Crewe. Monday to Friday I’ve got a hotel if needed as I’m based at Wolves. If you’re London or Scotland based you get the hotel from the Sunday.

Hope this helps

Brownbear187

Anyone else made the talent pool?
I understand there is a course running from March onwards, has anyone been offered a place on the next course after that?

Last edited:

superseffers

Hi I received my very first email back after applying last week, I have to log onto a portal to do the very first assessments, any tips on completing these?

Cheers

wolvesayewe

Hi I received my very first email back after applying last week, I have to log onto a portal to do the very first assessments, any tips on completing these?

Cheers
Just need to be yourself and answer honestly, if you get outside help and pass then at a later assessment you may get caught out.

Plob

The tests in crewe cbi etc will these be done by opc staff or avanti staff, it seems a long way from the opc in Watford where they are based
Cbi are done by opc, if successful then driver managers are done by avanti at the depot you applied. Opc offices are in Watford Town centre.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Cbi are done by opc, if successful then driver managers are done by avanti at the depot you applied. Opc offices are in Watford Town centre.
None of the phsycometric tests need to be administered directly by OPC staff. Avanti can do testing in house as long as their process is signed off as being acceptable by OPC.

Take TfW for instance - paper testing is done at their Chester and Cardiff offices, computer and MMI at Cardiff only. All done by their own staff, all tests are the OPC tests and are done exactly as is done at OPC in Watford.

Other TOCs such as WMT do paper testing in Birmingham by the OPC staff and then computer testing at OPC Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.