• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

JohnL93

New 6 week email.
I've passed the initial 5, now wait 6 more weeks.

I’m just writing with an update on your application to Avanti West Coast. We have reviewed your initial application and I’m pleased to inform you that you have been successful. The next stage of the process is for you to undertake some further online tests (VSE and M7).

As I have mentioned in previous correspondence, Avanti are recruiting for the whole year and therefore we are progressing applications at differing times. As such, your application is in an applicant pool, ready to be progressed when we are able to. I don’t have any timescales for this, so I ask that you bear with us and remain patient. If you do apply for this role with other organisation’s can you please let us know as this may have an impact on your application with Avanti.

Thank you for your time to date and continued interest with Avanti West Coast and we will be back in touch with you within the next 6 weeks to provide you with an update on your application.
What depot did you apply for?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harvinder

I think that might be a formality, anyone who was successful after the cbi can confirm with more clarity.

Decentboi

Hello everyone, Euston Applicant here.
I’m out, that’s a wrap for me.
Assessment Tool
Assessment Result
Did you attain the standard required​
1. Visual Search Test
Fail​
2. M7 Situational Judgement Test
Pass​

ayaz2001

just done the m7, i tried to go back on a question but it wouldnt let me. the instructions said something about a review of questions at the end :( oh well nevermind

wolvesayewe

Wolvo applicant here, Received an email for stage 2 on May 31st, very happy and excited ... congrats to those who have also advanced to stage 2 and good luck to those still waiting

Broadhurst762

Liverpool applicant . I’ve just had an email to say I passed VSE and M7 stage but there’s a 4 week wait before I will given a date about the next assessment

Steve123!

Liverpool applicant, just had email- successful on VSE and M7, has been 6 weeks I'm sure. No stage 1 dates in Crewe as yet, said they will be back in touch within 4 weeks for a date. Very happy though.

Ned21

ferksta

Liverpool applicant,just had successful email VSE and M7 same as above 4 weeks email onto the next round good luck everyone

pmc88

Ive just had the same email as a few others i passed the VSE and M7 awaiting assessment date for liverpool.

Buzzing as I was convinced I failed the VSE

Proof that until your told no theres still a chance

Tranmere67

Had the same email as a few others today. Passed the VSE and M7. 4 week wait to find out dates.
I'm a Liverpool applicant. Will the assessment centre definitely be Crewe?

badger85

Had the same email as a few others today. Passed the VSE and M7. 4 week wait to find out dates.
I'm a Liverpool applicant. Will the assessment centre definitely be Crewe?
I'm a Liverpool applicant and both stage 1 and 2 are in Crewe but at different venues. Hopefully that'll be the case for you and not a trek to Watford!