• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

Bjynwa

Nope, not heard a thing yet!

I applied to Manchester and Liverpool. I thought waiting over the weekend was torture, but 28 days?!!!!

Thankfully I'm a lot calmer than I was, kind of just accepted that what will be, will be

Could I just ask a question? Those of you who applied for two depots, did you get two invites for the OPC 5 tests or just one? Tia.
I received two for my Liverpool and Manchester application. Both the same login so one set of tests. Still not heard back from the first assessment round

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tommystop.

Any Manchester applicants heard back yet about first OPC test results? Completed mine on 12/3 deadline was the 13th.

Seems daft having different deadlines for different depots when their responses are all over the place, time is clearly not of the essence lol
Nothing as of yet, my deadline was 14th March :)

Jayleeruss

I've got this too (Euston).

Why do I feel like this is just a polite way of saying "you're out!" :lol::lol:
Nah. I work for a TOC with people who would know all the ‘right’ answers and none of us have heard back. It’s easier to just tell people they’re out than to keep them waiting. Stay hopeful! :)

Penny

I received two for my Liverpool and Manchester application. Both the same login so one set of tests. Still not heard back from the first assessment round
Yeah, I wondered about this because it'd mean that those with two invites essentially get two chances as opposed to just one! So just doing the one test makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnL93

Just got an email (Euston) :

Firstly, thank you for your recent application and interest with Avanti and the role of trainee train driver. Due to the sheer number of applications that we have received, it is taking us a little while to review and process all applicants. I’m therefore letting you know that it may take us up to 28 days to inform you of the results of your initial application.
I haven’t even got this email. Haven’t heard anything from the initial 5 tests for Manchester. No news is good news.. I hope!

jdm365sito

Patience I agree, 3 people I know got rejected from Liverpool on Monday, only just got the invite to next stage myself

Garyh85

in case anybody is thinking they’re just waiting on a rejection email now, I just got a successful email for Liverpool. It’s not over yet!

Gc85

I just got the 28 days email for Polmadie I’m thinking they have so many passed that they are seeing how people do on the vse stage before informing other of pass or reject

cc27

28 days email received for Polmadie - tbh it’ll probably be quicker I imagine it’s just to cover themselves

I just got the 28 days email for Polmadie I’m thinking they have so many passed that they are seeing how people do on the vse stage before informing other of pass or reject
I’m unsure tbh - to my understanding, nobody has received M7 and VSE for Polmadie

Steve123!

I've just had an email inviting me to take the VSE and M7 thank god (Liverpool) applicant. Took nearly 9 days if anyone wondering how long.:lol:

Azzer88

Got my email saying I was successful in the second stage. And now through to the VSE and M7SJT for Liverpool. Will just hammer them practice questions before I do it.

lshaw

Just received 28 day email. Liverpool and Manchester aswell not sure which they haven't specified.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322_170838_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322_170838_Gmail.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 106

Nervious

Hello getting a little nervous completed opc for liverpool. However received an email today saying its taking time to get through applications and pls wait 28 days. Anyone else had this email

3C-

Recieved my opc results and not successful and no feedback.

Struggling to figure out where I went wrong.

Ahh well

Penny

Haha! Yeah I remember that, I agreed with every word you said too!

It's so much nicer here now that all the Smart Alecs have gone back to their talent pool thread. They were in the same boat as us a year ago, how quickly they forget.

Anyway, here's hoping we hear back soon!

Last edited by a moderator: