• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (28/02/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley872

Congratulations!

I'm a Wolves applicant, although still haven't heard back after the initial tests. Fingers crossed!
I’m in the same boat. I completed the initial tests and the only thing I have heard back is the 28 day email. Nothing else so far. Congrats to everyone getting to the next stages!

benji

Finally did my VSE an M7 last night. First time ever applying.

I will keep a slight hope until I get my rejection, but in my mind I feel it will be a fail. No point dwelling I will have to keep an eye out for other TOC's or catch the next recruitment drives.

I do feel, although this sites great to get info and have a chat with like minded people, it can also be a hinderance as we then start to over prep and over think and worry nerves can take over. Anyone who hasn't had their M7 VSE more than happy to discuss my experiences still. But I feel it would have been better for me to go in less aware of what I might encounter if that makes sense.

Part 1 - found easy
Part 2 - I made maybe 6-7 errors could have been more didn't really track it. Just felt I had made too many so what will be will be.
Part 3- found it easy again (as I had likely settled my nerves) and I reckon I made maybe one track mistake at most and maybe 2-3 max signal errors.

(How the hell I found the easy part hard and the hard part easy I will never know lol)

M7 - found it straight forward and easy going. Most questions felt fairly obvious the odd one had me second guessing myself. I did have old m7 practice questions so maybe that is why I found it comfortable.

Best of luck to those still in the hunt
I just wanna say I relate massively with this, as unfortunately for me the worry nerves did take over and I feel like I didn’t do great…

Also like you I found the part 3 strangely easier and for some reason part 2 I couldn’t seem to get my head around yes meaning error and no meaning no error and kept clicking the wrong button which only further pissed me off cos I really want this job :(

I did however find that using my mouse to visually check vs doing it in my head helped massively

adamheath

Aviator88

I do feel, although this sites great to get info and have a chat with like minded people, it can also be a hinderance as we then start to over prep and over think and worry nerves can take over.

This is definitely a thing. Overthinking it is your worst enemy, especially when it comes to the Stage 2 tests. More than a few (no doubt suitable) people have failed the WAFV test due to multiple errant clicks due to being jittery.

I know it's easier said than done, but in hindsight, it was unnecessary to build these tests up to being anything other than playing some simple video games for a couple of hours.

My advice is not to think about scores, or how many clicks you did or didn't make. Go in feeling ready to pass, and pass.

JohnnyOne

Just spent my first couple of hours practicing these tests for Crewe. Heads gone now, that's quite a practice document, I am expecting to dream of 4 dots tonight. Got to about 7/8 lines down, missing about 5 on average on each sheet, my target was 9 down no errors which may be achievable in a week. How is everyone else finding them?

Harvinder

Got through to the next stage, I am so happy. worrying for no reason! Euston applicant, assessment in watford

rd79

For those invited to Crewe, was there options of available dates or do you get a time and a date and that’s it?

JohnnyOne

For those invited to Crewe, was there options of available dates or do you get a time and a date and that’s it?
"Please confirm your attendance as we have over-invited individuals to attend. If you do not confirm your attendance by Thursday 30th March then your application will be withdrawn. Alternatively, if you’re unable to make the day then just let us know before 30th March and we will then re-arrange the date for you."