• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Awaiting letter, address query

optimuspr1me

Hi all,

Following a conversation with a RPI just before Christmas regarding incorrect use of a railcard, I’m awaiting a letter.

I know there can be delays over Christmas & the best thing to do is sit tight and wait, but my address can be tricky & sometimes packages can’t find it - although when it comes to bank statements etc (aka more official post) it’s usually okay.

Just a little worried as I’m aware from all the threads that the quickest route to the least favourable outcome in this sort of situation is missing the correspondence from the TOC.

Is there any point in trying to contact the prosecutions dept to ensure the correct address is on record / check the status?

Aware it’s not been long since mid December and given Christmas delays would be usual not to have received the letter at this point, but I want to ensure that when it does come it goes to the right place.

Any advice really appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
It sounds as if the letter post works ok for where you are, so since the railway will send you a letter I would expect it to reach you with no problem.

As only around a month has passed, I don't think there is any need to worry yet: another couple of months (the end of March) might be the point to be concerned. If you get that far, most TOCs have an address or email on the prosecution page of their website or if all else fails they will have a customer service page who might be able to pass something on to the prosecution department.

optimuspr1me

It sounds as if the letter post works ok for where you are, so since the railway will send you a letter I would expect it to reach you with no problem.

As only around a month has passed, I don't think there is any need to worry yet: another couple of months (the end of March) might be the point to be concerned. If you get that far, most TOCs have an address or email on the prosecution page of their website or if all else fails they will have a customer service page who might be able to pass something on to the prosecution department.
Thanks Fawkes Cat, appreciate the reply

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Welcome to the forum!

We have seen cases lately where letters take longer than normal to arrive. This is often because the train company tends to research your online ticket purchasing history before sending the initial letter which means it can take longer to arrive.

You haven't told us anything about the circumstances of your case, or which train company you're dealing with so I can't really be any more specific than that at this stage.