• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bachmann 2010 releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows what bachmann are going to release in terms of modern traction, e.g. 57/150/158/159/170 new liveries or any new EMUs or DMUs?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Should really be a topic for the Modelling section really...

But so far i know of nowt, apart from the fact bachmann shall be anouncing there 2010 range at the trade only toy and model fair around the 8th of march...

Though i know what im hoping for from them...

Colas 66
Ex and debranded 66844
Wessex Trains Later style livery
Wessex Trains Class 150s
Unbranded Ex Lorol 150121 / 127

The MPV!

And for New models id love to see...
4 CEP in SWT...All that Orange and Yellow for the Interior:lol:
A Brand new Class 59, to replace that dredded ex Lima model that hornby are still reproducing.
Class 175 / Class 180 In Unbranded FNW And FGW / Unbranded FGW.

And more GWR buildings from the Scenecraft range...

So itll be interesting to see what does make it through into Bachmanns ranges though, as i have written to them a couple of times with various ideas and livery / product suggestions...

Class92Man

Hi there,
bachmann should be fetchimg out the STVA double decker car carriers in 2010 and the castle cement JPA tanks.
HTH
Thomas

TheWalrus

Established Member
Should really be a topic for the Modelling section really...

But so far i know of nowt, apart from the fact bachmann shall be anouncing there 2010 range at the trade only toy and model fair around the 8th of march...

Though i know what im hoping for from them...

Colas 66
Ex and debranded 66844
Wessex Trains Later style livery
Wessex Trains Class 150s
Unbranded Ex Lorol 150121 / 127

The MPV!

And for New models id love to see...
4 CEP in SWT...All that Orange and Yellow for the Interior:lol:
A Brand new Class 59, to replace that dredded ex Lima model that hornby are still reproducing.
Class 175 / Class 180 In Unbranded FNW And FGW / Unbranded FGW.

And more GWR buildings from the Scenecraft range...

So itll be interesting to see what does make it through into Bachmanns ranges though, as i have written to them a couple of times with various ideas and livery / product suggestions...

Loads want A 175 AND 180, me and you included!

Some good things in there you would like, count me in also for some of those :)

fgwrich

Established Member
The problem is the 4-CEP is un-refurbished so only suitable for liveries up to 1981 so blue/grey is the best for the moment, of course when the model gets modernised watch out for all the different liveries :D

Well, You never know anymore, afterall Hornby is producing the 4 VEP with the potential of producing a refurbished unit, This again like bachmann, will be of course down to how the unrefurbished unit sells...

But then again we all know how well the CEPs are selling...Selling out fast in fact!

TGVDUDE

I would also like a 175 in both Unbraded FNW and ATW, i'd love an Adelante! i've pre ordered an ATW 150 and am waiting for the ATW 57 also:cry:

tombo1984

I know what i would love to see from Bachmann.

Class 150 in First Great Western Livery.
Class 158 (3 car and 2 car) in First Great Western Livery.
MPV (video'd myself in action if anyone wants to see ironically after going to the Engine Shed: Gaugemaster in Ford): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJOWPMe76A

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
I would like to see a 150 that you can see through both coaches, can somebody explain why a OO gauge model needs a coach full of machanism but the same company can hide it all in N gauge?

One of the magazines did a conversion but it isnt something I would want to do on a new model, and don't see why I should!

Fincra5

Established Member
Well, You never know anymore, afterall Hornby is producing the 4 VEP with the potential of producing a refurbished unit, This again like bachmann, will be of course down to how the unrefurbished unit sells...

But then again we all know how well the CEPs are selling...Selling out fast in fact!

Doubt the 4 VEPs changed much from NSE to privitisation :)

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Doubt the 4 VEPs changed much from NSE to privitisation :)

Except have there NSE logo removed and the NSE livery left! :lol:

I asked in Modelzone and the Class 423 VEP is very pricey, over £140.00 for non-DCC so can't imagine how much the DCC fitted will be. I will be saving and hoping to purchase two Network SouthEast ones, also mean I can run the in multiple with my CEP. :)

I also know theres a Class 416 EPB in BR blue due to be released by Bachman to. This is going to be a very pricey year for me!

Fincra5

Established Member
I was lucky enough to get it for christmas. Family were quite generous :)

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Pricey for me as well, just got my 4CEP last week, very nice indeed! :D

I was lucky enough to get it for christmas. Family were quite generous :)

Well worth the money I thought. Mines BR Blue & Grey what about yours?

I just hope Hornbys Class 423 VEP is as good as Bachmans Class 411 for the £140+ the VEP is going to cost. And looking at the Class 395 'Javelin' Hornby produced and I was not impressed and left it, and bought more Bachman stuff.

If anyone from Bachman is reading this forum for feedback, your doing a great job at the moment and I prefer your products, keep the good work up! :)

royaloak

Established Member
today I will mostly be at home decorating
Blue/ Grey for me as well, got a blue 416 on order.
Have to admit the detail is exquisite, if the 416 has the same then that should sell just as well, then hopefully we can have a 415.
Mr Bachmann sir, if the CEPs are selling well, which I think they are, could we have a 410 4BEP next please, you only need to change the TSO for a TRB, go on you know it makes sense, of course then we would need a different number 4CEP to enable us to run a proper 12 coach Kent Coaster!

The 395 was aimed at the children market more than super detail so I can forgive them that one, I just hope the VEP is as good as the price tag suggests!

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Blue/ Grey for me as well, got a blue 416 on order.
Have to admit the detail is exquisite, if the 416 has the same then that should sell just as well, then hopefully we can have a 415.
Mr Bachmann sir, if the CEPs are selling well, which I think they are, could we have a 410 4BEP next please, you only need to change the TSO for a TRB, go on you know it makes sense, of course then we would need a different number 4CEP to enable us to run a proper 12 coach Kent Coaster!

The 395 was aimed at the children market more than super detail so I can forgive them that one, I just hope the VEP is as good as the price tag suggests!

At the moment I have got a Hornby NSE Class 466 on order which will cost £94.99 & the Bachmann Class 416 EPB on order I have no idea of the cost of it though!

I have will be buying 2 Class 423 VEPs so I can run it in multiple with Class 411 CEP!

I also own the Bachmann 'Southern' Class 171 which also had brilliant the brilliant detail, only thing what was wrong was the headlights which were from the from the eary 'Turbostar' design. Still better than nothing though.

As for Hornby I don't know if its me but lately some of there products are not that good. The only thing what I like what they have done is there 'Railroad' range which is much cheaper and helps if people can't afford the more expensive products great variety there. I'll give them credit for that (Only :lol:)

FlyingScot

Hornby made this beautiful set of Flying Scotsman with american gear and a pullman observation car. Yours for £170. Yep, the price is true. I'm going down to the wishing well.........

Fincra5

Established Member
Well worth the money I thought. Mines BR Blue & Grey what about yours?

I just hope Hornbys Class 423 VEP is as good as Bachmans Class 411 for the £140+ the VEP is going to cost. And looking at the Class 395 'Javelin' Hornby produced and I was not impressed and left it, and bought more Bachman stuff.

If anyone from Bachman is reading this forum for feedback, your doing a great job at the moment and I prefer your products, keep the good work up! :)

I got a blue&grey. Thing is i want a 423 in NSE :D. So the story is it was the last 411 to be refurbished :D

We need different headcodes for the 411 :)

Electrostar

I haven't had a layout since I was a boy and I even sold some of my old models a few years ago. However as soon as I saw the 4-Cep in blue-grey I had to have one. As a kid growing up in south-east London I dreamt of having the type of trains on my layout I saw at my local station. Sure I had 33's and 73's but it was never the same as the slam-door stock I was familiar with. I was so envious of the occasional kit-built SR units featured in Railway Modeller and Rail magazine's Model Rail pull-out. I think Maidstone Barracks was one of the more famous layouts.

Twenty years later and Bachmann have reignited my interest. I might have nabbed a 4cep before a more deserving modeller but hopefully I've done my little bit to make Bachmann realise there is a SR market out there. I don't want a mishmash of blue and green EMUs, I want several blue-grey, blue or NSE versions. Hopefully Bachmann will reissue the model with other running numbers. It seems an awful waste not too!

How often do Bachmann release a new batch of an existing model but with a new number? I remember Lima issuing new variants of models every two weeks! And if they do re-tool the model to represent the later version, does that mean the original hashone forever? Excuse my ignorance it's been a long time!

And yes the EPB and Hornby VEPs are on my list too. I guess I'll have to find a baseboard, track, scenery...

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
I got a blue&grey. Thing is i want a 423 in NSE :D. So the story is it was the last 411 to be refurbished :D

We need different headcodes for the 411 :)
I hope they'll think about releasing a NSE livery Class 411 CEP that will be a good seller if it was ever made. :)
I haven't had a layout since I was a boy and I even sold some of my old models a few years ago. However as soon as I saw the 4-Cep in blue-grey I had to have one. As a kid growing up in south-east London I dreamt of having the type of trains on my layout I saw at my local station. Sure I had 33's and 73's but it was never the same as the slam-door stock I was familiar with. I was so envious of the occasional kit-built SR units featured in Railway Modeller and Rail magazine's Model Rail pull-out. I think Maidstone Barracks was one of the more famous layouts.

Twenty years later and Bachmann have reignited my interest. I might have nabbed a 4cep before a more deserving modeller but hopefully I've done my little bit to make Bachmann realise there is a SR market out there. I don't want a mishmash of blue and green EMUs, I want several blue-grey, blue or NSE versions. Hopefully Bachmann will reissue the model with other running numbers. It seems an awful waste not too!

How often do Bachmann release a new batch of an existing model but with a new number? I remember Lima issuing new variants of models every two weeks! And if they do re-tool the model to represent the later version, does that mean the original hashone forever? Excuse my ignorance it's been a long time!

And yes the EPB and Hornby VEPs are on my list too. I guess I'll have to find a baseboard, track, scenery...

I was the same to when I was little I had several little locos but I always wanted a 'Slammer to my collection as they dominated where I live (VEPs, CEPs, CIGs) and wanted them in NSE Toothpaste!

If I were Bachmann I would really think about doing a special edition 'Lymington Pier' set and have CIGs 1497 & 1498 in a box set that would be a really good seller. :)

craig87034

Might of already been posted but on http://www.bachmann.co.uk/index.php Exciting New Announcements says they are doing 70003, Class 85's E3058 in Electric Blue and 026 in BR Blue, A Derby lightweight DMU in Green and BR blue. Class 350102 in original 350 livery,115 and 238 in London Midland. On the New link says 57315 in ATW due during the next 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.