• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bad P-Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richa2002

Established Member
I don't want to make this into a rant but they take the sensible view that you do things at your own risk so they can save money on nannying people about.

ikar

img13663yr6xh.jpg

1D53

Established Member
The crossover in Donny station was nearly as bad as that until they replaced it. Sensibly there was a huge TSR over it until they fixed it.

Guinness

Established Member
JsT said:
The crossover in Donny station was nearly as bad as that until they replaced it. Sensibly there was a huge TSR over it until they fixed it.

Hmm. I wonder if those TSRs are still at Derby, been there well over a year.

Coxster

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Ikar, where abouts roughly is that picture taken?
I'm guessing somewhere near his home area of Rijeka in Croatia. I found the way the rails are attached to the sleepers interesting.

Nick W

Established Member
I'm guessing it's the raiway that passes by him. After all would you want to go more than 45mph on track like that?

compsci

I've just got back from Milan, and as far as I can tell there was something like a 20mph (except in km/h obviously) TSR for most of the way to Como where I was also staying. Progress was so slow it was depressing.

Either that or someone forgot to wind the train up.

ikar

Coxster said:
I'm guessing somewhere near his home area of Rijeka in Croatia. I found the way the rails are attached to the sleepers interesting.

Nah, a driver took it in the suburbs of the capital...

Our railways are safe, but because what, they lower the linespeed with every new TT, back arround 15 years it was 140 km/h there...

TheSlash

Established Member
Coxster said:
We use that fixing over here aswell, i know the last mile on the down Redbridge - Romsey, approaching Romsey, uses that type {until the junction}

Simming

We were looking at the track on the curve between par and st blazey one sunday, and the track there was terrible!

it was jointed bullhead, 5mph TSR and the outside rail (where the flange is in contact the most) had worn away, and there was only about 1/2inch left of the rail head surface.

Jointed bullhead seems to be getting rarer and rarer now, only 2 places on the mainline in cornwall I can think of any, and thats just before camborne on the up (great marker of when to get up for the station stop) and scorrier between 'druth and truro.

TheSlash

Established Member
I can think of aload of places that it's still used on at least cat 2 lines and possibly on cat 1 lines

16CSVT2700

Established Member
The Windsor Eton Riverside branch uses jointed track in sections. The Central branch I think used to have jointed but has recently been changed to CWR. I'm sure mr LucaZone can confirm this?

The Henley branch as well I think has jointed rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.