• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Band names

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoshotjimmi

Being slightly related doesn't mean it's relevant, there's a difference.

A 67 hauling a dead 225 is slightly related to WSMR using 67s, but you wouldn't put it in a WSMR thread because it's not relevant.

If we removed all irrelevant posts from this website we would lose about 75% of the content.

I am actually in a band. We are called "Chemcord". Anyone who has sat a Chemistry exam may recognise where it came from. If I could go back I would probably have a bit more of a brain storm when it came to naming the band but, after nearly 10 years, it has kind of stuck now. And anyway, we don't tour or gig enough anymore to warrant changing it. Just a bit of fun these days.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
If I could go back I would probably have a bit more of a brain storm when it came to naming the band but, after nearly 10 years, it has kind of stuck now.

An ex-workmate of mine played sound technician/roadie for a small local group. They first formed ad-hoc to make up the numbers at a battle of the bands event. When asked at the side of the stage by the presenter what they were called, one member looked to the sky for inspiration and said "er, Overhead Wires".

EDIT: Actually, that'd suit many electrified railways too...

Status
Not open for further replies.