• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BBC Trainspotting Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveloguer

Anyone on here getting involved with the Beeb's railway reality show week after next? :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

montyburns56

On the RmWeb forum there was a request from the production company for any rail enthusiasts to contact them and I believe that some of them were interviewed for the show.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Hopefully it will be like spring watch and be available online when not on TV. I see some or all of the programs are on BBC 4. That only runs from 7pm. I was hoping their would be some live trainspotting from during the morning and evening commutes when the stations are packed. Of course if they are focusing on the rolling stock rather than people and places, it doesn't matter what time of day it is.

I hope they are able to film a steam train passing through for no other reason than I like seeing steam trains.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CosherB

Established Member
Trainspotting Live will bring three nights of spotting, joy and excitement to BBC Four as Peter Snow, mathematician Dr Hannah Fry and engineer Dick Strawbridge along with a team of rail train enthusiasts revel in the tantalising intricacies, trade secrets and true pleasures of trainspotting... live!

Live from the historic Didcot Rail Museum, Peter Snow will be asking the audience to join the spotting by recording the most frequent to the most elusive trains on the tracks all over country during the three days of live broadcast. Our team of expert spotters will also be waiting in anticipation to catch the full range of British rail stock on camera - from classic steam, to diesel locomotives, to high-speed electric and our rarest beauties - explaining how they did it and delving into their importance in our British heritage.

Mathematician Hannah will be breaking down the mind-bending equations that go into keeping the thousands of trains on the network every day, while engineer Dick will explore the historic hidden marvels of rail engineering and surprising, rich history of trainspotting as trains whizz past his trainspotting location in the north of England, live.

As the train spots come in thick and fast from our presenters and the Great British public, Peter will be joined in Didcot by collectors, photographers, record holders and poets.

This is not just a show for the thousands of trainspotters out there; this is a show for anyone with a passion for British history, travel and engineering. This is a love letter to trains told by trainspotters – the custodians of our train history.

Trainspotting Live was produced in partnership with The Open University.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xxbgg

D1009

Established Member
On the RmWeb forum there was a request from the production company for any rail enthusiasts to contact them and I believe that some of them were interviewed for the show.

They were filming at the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway a couple of weeks ago featuring one of the railway's young volunteers:
https://www.facebook.com/WelshpoolS...9476715927837/520193801522791/?type=3&theater

Hopefully it will be like spring watch and be available online when not on TV. I see some or all of the programs are on BBC 4. That only runs from 7pm. I was hoping their would be some live trainspotting from during the morning and evening commutes when the stations are packed. Of course if they are focusing on the rolling stock rather than people and places, it doesn't matter what time of day it is.
Presumably not much of the trainspotting is actually live then.

Russonomics

Just bumping the thread to notify/remind folk that Trainspotting Live is tonight, tomorrow and Thursday at 8pm over on BBC4.

I'll be watching with great interest, but my cynical nature has me expecting a night vision camera trained on a loco shed for three days while we eagerly await a baby trainlet (or trainling?) to emerge.

Harbornite

Established Member
should be quite an interesting watch hopefully

50p says somones wearing an anorack :P

1650_6414_w300.jpg

westv

Established Member
Starting to watch but my dullometer appears to be giving a high reading. Will try to stick wih it even though the title should put me off on its own.

westv

Established Member
Its starting to lose me. Thought it might try to appeal to non anoraks.

Gathursty

Established Member
I'd like to take a picture of Hannah Fry even though she is not a station.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
When one of the presenters is Dr Hannah Fry, I am not worried
vYR8d3e0_400x400.jpeg

From her Twitter profile

Looks alreet to me, she'd probably entice a few more rail enthusiasts - male or female.

Just imagine if it was a ginger male instead...
tumblr_inline_nmcpl2N5Rc1rvffl0_540.jpg

RPM

Established Member
I'm finding it rather toe-curling. Good concept. Bad title. Too much hyperbole. Too many technical issues. Too much live to camera babbling.

thenorthern

Established Member
Love trainspotting live although the sound and cuts between locations is rather poor but with a live production you kind of expect that.

VEP3417

ive seen the flying banana only about once tho a couple of years back at wilsden junction

isnt a bad program to be fare, but yes a lovely lady presenter always helps ;)

Harbornite

Established Member
The intercity 125 will be featured next week. The program has been alright, light-hearted fun but I prefer Springwatch.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'd like to take a picture of Hannah Fry even though she is not a station.

Bit odd. She seems like a nice lass, intelligent and she presented city in the skies with Dallas Campbell, which I enjoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.