• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedford station car parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerLee

Hi

Just a quick question about the car park at Bedford station, what are the chances of getting a parking space around 4.30pm to 5pm on a weekday afternoon?

I know the car park has a large amount of spaces but does the car park get full of commuters during the day or am I likely to get a space around that time in the afternoon?

Cheers

Lee

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
In my experience the car park gets completely full very early.

I'd have thought you'd have a good chance of getting a space late afternoon/early evening as commuters start returning home.

IanD

Established Member
I always use the Ashburnham Road council car park just south of the station (pedestrian link to the station entrance, you can park up against the station boundary fence), only £3.50 after 10am and £1 cheaper than the station car park for all day parking. Or or on street, charges up to 6pm so £1.60 if you arrive between 4 and 5, £1.10 afterwards.

Have had varying experiences of finding spaces in the afternoon though.

http://www.bedford.gov.uk/transport_and_streets/parking.aspx

PowerLee

Cheers for the info, ill report back on how I got on with getting a space later in the week :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.