• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best camcorder for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM9

Veteran Member
... (My last camcorder was an HDV digital tape-based Sony HC3, vintage 2007/2008 I think...)

I've got one of those. I bought it in 2006. It's fine except that using that handheld emphasises the advances made with modern in-camera stabilisation!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ac6000cw

Established Member
I've got one of those. I bought it in 2006. It's fine except that using that handheld emphasises the advances made with modern in-camera stabilisation!

I still have it too (mostly because it's the only thing I've got that can play those old HDV tapes). As well as the stabilisation being a bit limited, the low-light performance wasn't exactly stellar either. The sound quality wasn't too bad though - the noise from a quartet of full-throttle SD40s makes this one of my favourite bits of railway video I've ever shot - https://youtu.be/4u5Np9zl4TE?t=88 (handheld with camcorder in one hand and umbrella in the other! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.