• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best spot for freight trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HullSimplibus

I absolutely LOVE freight trains, their terminals and everything about them.
Where would you say that the most busiest place for freight trains is?
My guess is somewhere like Doncaster, Peterborough e.t.c, not sure if I am right though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi there,

I take it you live in Hull from your username so I suggest Barnetby as a good place. I haven't been for ages (since the colour lights replaced the semaphores) but it was incredibly good back then so I'd imagine it still is. Other good places around the country include Nuneaton, Leamington Spa, Tamworth, Stafford, Cardiff and Carlisle. I highly suggest you sign up to Freightmaster if you like freight trains. The link is available here: http://freightmaster.net

Cheers,
FQ.

HullSimplibus

Hi there,

I take it you live in Hull from your username so I suggest Barnetby as a good place. I haven't been for ages (since the colour lights replaced the semaphores) but it was incredibly good back then so I'd imagine it still is. Other good places around the country include Nuneaton, Leamington Spa, Tamworth, Stafford, Cardiff and Carlisle. I highly suggest you sign up to Freightmaster if you like freight trains. The link is available here: http://freightmaster.net

Cheers,
FQ.
Thank you :)
Barnetby is only a bus ride away so I think I will go there one day

nat67

Established Member
Peterborough is also good as you get stuff going up the ECML of course but also along through to Leicester and to Ely with liners going to Felixstowe.

palmersears

Established Member
A bit trickier to get to from Barnetby, but Acton Bridge gets my vote. Loads of workings, most at speed, and plenty of variety in traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.