• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Better receipts

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
I've noticed an option to get a detailed receipt has shown up at Southeastern booking offices and TVMs. The receipt shows the origin and destination stations so can be used for expense reports even if your ticket is swallowed.

Now if only my employer didn't require us to use thetrainline :cry:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I believe that you can get such receipts at EMT ticket offices if requested. They are not printed on common stock but printed like normal till receipts.

philjo

Established Member
Does the receipt show the class & date of travel?
We are required to show that (mainly to stop people booking 1st class and to prove the ticket was for use on the day for travel on official business). It that information is not shown on the receipts then we also have to submit the actual travel tickets (or a photocopy).

island

Veteran Member
It shows the date the tickets are valid on, and the ticket type, which will have a "1" or "1st" in it for first-class.

barrykas

Established Member
Should be available at any Ticket Office. FasTIS ones show the three letter ticket type (e.g. OPR for Super Off-Peak Return, CDR for Off-Peak Day Return, etc), owning TOC (e.g. NCH for Chiltern, ECC for East Coast, SMR for East Midlands), origin, destination, ticket number, start date and price.

Cheers,

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.