• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bit of advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwertychops

Hi
Been visiting London about once a week for a few years now, and normally used. Contactless for the tube.
Now visiting 3 / 4 times per week and have a years travel card from All London stations and zone 1-6
Is there any option of getting a contactless card ( or. similar) so as not to have to be let through the barrier by one of the barrier supervisors?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Qwertychops

That’s sounds too easy, I don’t know why but I did not think that would work - I can see the paper ticket wearing out after a couple of weeks and which would the. pose the question of how to replace my yearly travel Card?

rebmcr

Established Member
There are some TOCs which offer an Oyster-compatible smartcard, capable of holding a _Station_ to Zones1-6 season ticket; for example Southeastern's The Key.

Edit: I can see from your other posts that the ticket in question is from Derby.

I can only find mention of East Midlands Trains' "StagecoachSmart" offering from 2012, and only at Sheffield, Nottingham, and Mansfield Woodhouse. I believe it's extremely likely that the offering has since been withdrawn following poor trials.

Last edited:

Qwertychops

Thanks for your reply, it’s something which I’d not even thought about until I’ve stopped using my contactless debit card, I need to ask at the ticket offices when I have a bit of time
Again, thank you

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If your ticket wears out you can get it replaced free of charge at a station.

Status
Not open for further replies.