• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bit of London help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Hi all

I'm off down to London on a Megabus tomorrow, I should be fine with tickets but there is something I'm unsure on and need clarifying, I haven't a great deal of time at the moment.

I'm travelling from London Victoria to Kew Gardens, I will then need to travel to Egham in the evening via Twickenham, but will be returning direct to Waterloo via Hounslow (track ticking if anything), from there onwards to Forest Gate via the Jubilee and National Rail.

I will cover the bits within the zones with a travel-card, I think a Feltham to Egham return with a 16-25 railcard at £3.55 would cover me out to Egham wouldn't it? I'm not entirely familiar with the Hounslow Loop!

Ta

Tom

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
... if the return journey stops at Feltham.

Otherwise a ticket from Boundary Zone 6 for the same price should do. The entire Hounslow loop is within the Travelcard area.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
All trains do IIRC.

In any case, you'll need to use either a booking office or a Southern TVM (at Victoria) to buy a non-origin station, and both of these should sell BZ6 tickets.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Also be aware that you wouldn't be able to use such a combination with Oyster Pay As You Go, as you wouldn't be able to "touch out" at the boundary. You'd need a paper ticket (or a weekly or longer Travelcard on Oyster).

Chapeltom

Established Member
Yeah, using a travelcard. I've split at the boundary before, having a travelcard is easier on return journeys. Done it with Ewell West, got off, bought my return ticket to Leatherhead then on the journey back can sail through with both tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.