• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool Tramway: Flexity 2's debut run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson_Quiff

New Supertram 'Flexity 2' no. 001 has made it's debut on Blackpool metals today with a demonstation run from Starr Gate to Harrowside for a press launch. The tram did not carry passengers but did provide a glimse into the tramway's future and plenty of photo opportunities!
Brush car 632 and Balloons 700 and 717 were also on site at Starr Gate to represent 'the past' with Flex no.1 being 'the future'!

Here's a shot of the tram on it's first run, taken at Harrowside (Photo by Chris Rowe) -

Attachments

• IMG00313-20110908-1217.jpg
    IMG00313-20110908-1217.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 138
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WatcherZero

Established Member
What's going on when the lights went out and the alarm sounded? Didn't look too good!

But on the whole, it's a positive step!

That beeping noise is the noise it makes while booting up, someone in the cab must have reset it.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I must admit, I think the Flexity 2 is a great looking tram - though I'm not sure about the mostly white colour scheme.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Nope, no adverts on the new trams - that's (cynically, I know) the reason the double deckers are being retained.

Also, in recent years adverts have been applied using vinyls rather than painted - the sole surviving hand-painted advert (that is in contract on an operational tram) is that for 'Farmer Parr's' on Centenary 644.

Status
Not open for further replies.