• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blue plus symbol (+) on display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockford

A couple of times over the last few days I've seen a blue plus symbol printed out to fill an A4 sheet of paper and stuck on the inside of the windscreen in the cab, facing out towards the direction of travel.
This is on 379s on the Stansted Express route.
What does it signify?
Curiosity will get the better of me one day... :D
Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
I believe it means that the multi working equipment is not working at that end of the unit.

The 379's with that blue cross mean that those units have had a software upgrade and are not compatable with a 379 that doesn't have a blue cross. The units would simply not talk to each other and wouldn't move.

The Snap

Established Member
The 379's with that blue cross mean that those units have had a software upgrade and are not compatable with a 379 that doesn't have a blue cross. The units would simply not talk to each other and wouldn't move.

Surely that is just inconvenient for the operator?

rockford

Excellent! Clear and concise. Thank you!

Surely that is just inconvenient for the operator?

Seems to be working ok at the moment. Surely if the new software works better than the old, in the short term it's a pain with unit restrictions, but in the long term if it makes the fleet more reliable, then they'll cope with a bit of inconvenience.

Established Member
TPEs German 185s haz

Windows fur Verkgruppes :(

I kid you not. The opening screen on the TMS is:

1. Enter number of Vaggons.

Status
Not open for further replies.