• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bluebell Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

philabos

Surprised that nobody has pointed out that you can buy a through ticket from Network Rail stations, which is cheaper than paying separately. The last time I travelled on the Bluebell, I already had a zones 1-6 travel card, so bought a zone 6 boundary to Bluebell Railway through ticket (it actually came as a zone 6 to East Grinstead ticket and a Bluebell add-on).

If I understand correctly, you can buy a ticket at Victoria which includes the Bluebell?
We were going to buy a zone 1-2 card, but perhaps it is better to go for the 1-6?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Belperpete

Established Member
If I understand correctly, you can buy a ticket at Victoria which includes the Bluebell?
We were going to buy a zone 1-2 card, but perhaps it is better to go for the 1-6?
There are often very long queues at Victoria ticket office. When I saw the length of the queue on the day I went, I decided to take the first train to East Croydon and buy my ticket there.

philabos

Just to conclude, we did complete our trip today behind the S15 847 today. Weather was fairly good with the occasional shower. MK1 stock which was fine for me. Brought back memories of early 80s on BR. Staff very helpful and friendly.
They apparently had a number of group coach tours. Good business for them no doubt.
A very enjoyable day and thanks for all the suggestions.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Just to conclude, we did complete our trip today behind the S15 847 today. Weather was fairly good with the occasional shower. MK1 stock which was fine for me. Brought back memories of early 80s on BR. Staff very helpful and friendly.
They apparently had a number of group coach tours. Good business for them no doubt.
A very enjoyable day and thanks for all the suggestions.

Glad you enjoyed it, all being well, I shall be going on the Bluebell Line in a few days time.

Status
Not open for further replies.