• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bolton - Platform 5 rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inox

Hi

Has anyone heard anything recently about plans for re-instatement of platform 5 at bolton? It's just rumour, but there's a post by someone on the Bolton News site who apparently had a 'meeting' with the station manager and the manager stated that the car park was going to be shut (moan, moan, moan) because they're bringing back Platform 5.

I seem to remember there being something in the North West Rail Utilisation Strategy about extending the moses gate loop and opening up a 5th platform, but haven't heard anything since.

near the bottom:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10855686.Fury_as_rail_bosses_slash_number_of_trains_and_carriages_serving_Bolton/?ref=mc

just wondered if i missed something.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
It is part of the plans of Northern Hub, but it isn't commited or funded to my knowledge.

SeanG

Don't believe much the Bolton News says anymore.

I think for the past week or so, there have been daily stories on how people are standing on trains, all with inaccuracies

Inox

Yes,

It wasn't an article about changes to the station, it was someone's comment about meeting the station manager and having a discussion.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.