• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'Book with Confidence' easement ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzytop

Without fanfare, the 'Book with Confidence' scheme ended last night. Although tickets booked before the closure of the scheme continue to enjoy fee-free changes and refunds, the £10 fee returns for any changes to tickets booked after 1 December, and Advance tickets are no longer refundable to credit vouchers.

From https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/advance-tickets.aspx:
Following other transport industries, rail companies are reinstating the standard Advance ticket terms and conditions that existed before the pandemic, from 1st December 2022.

From 1st December an administration fee may apply when Advance ticket customers choose to change the time of their journey. The Advance tickets will be non-refundable unless the booked service has been cancelled, delayed or rescheduled by the train operator for reasons such as disruption or strikes in which case refunds will be available.

I used this scheme a couple of times. It gave me much greater confidence when booking tickets, and it was reassuring to know that I was guaranteed a refund when I was ill with COVID earlier in the year and unfit to travel.

To me, its cancellation seems a real backwards step for the railway, especially amidst the current chaos. But perhaps I am alone in thinking that, and this scheme encouraged abuse?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
See here for further discussion :

Status
Not open for further replies.